Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Imperial Weber Wood Dale i.e. "The Epic Transaction"....  (Read 6704 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: The Imperial Weber Wood Dale i.e. "The Epic Transaction"....
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 07:08:17 PM »
Okay let me fill in a bunch of the blanks and get the whole story told.......:

THIS ^^^ makes the story really rock!
Thank you Brian for cutting through all the innuendo and keepin' it real. ;D

You truly are a Super Agent!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »
You saying I'm as good as Sir Agent X?   ;)
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 07:53:05 PM »
Brian, I think that I am the only member of WKC that has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to the identity of Agent X. :-[

As far as I am concerned you may be even better than Sir X!
;)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 09:03:30 PM »
What a great story. That grill has been around. I nominate it to be the official WKC mascot. Kudos to you all.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Taz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »
Wasn't this the plot of a movie I once saw? 

Awesome read!  Glad everyone is happy.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 04:49:24 AM »
If it wasn't it should be....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 05:00:38 AM »
If it wasn't it should be....

Agreed. Should be there with the "Google Satellite Lime". But that be down under now.
Awesome read.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 05:13:43 AM »
Brian, I think that I am the only member of WKC that has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to the identity of Agent X. :-[

Nope. Me either.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 11:11:58 AM »
Took close to five months and a heck of a trade to get that inverted MTH from the previous owner.  lol

Okay let me fill in a bunch of the blanks and get the whole story told.......A year ago Troy was moving and I was doing some resto work on his baby blue imperial.  When he was moving he couldn't take everything, and I made him an offer to buy his Imperial.  A deal was struck and I took possession at the first meet up in Illinois.  I had it and it was in superb condition.  Another deal presented itself and I had to pull the trigger on the deal.  The deal was my mint wood handle Imperial for an inverted Metal Top Handle imperial.  It's not as nice but it was much older and I couldn't resist the metal top handle that was turned the other way.

Here it is with smoke pouring from it next to the Red Wood Dale 18"

I felt that the Imperial with the wood handle was so nice I never wanted t cook on it.  I figure this metal handle was a little rougher and I wouldn't hesitate to cook on it.  I was very happy with the trade. 

Here's Phoebe marching around it

So fast forward to this years meet up at my house.  Troy found out that I traded his beloved grill( that I bought fair and square by the way ;))  and he wondered where it went.  I told him Harris had it.  So the very next day after the meet up Terry texted me and said there was a Imperial at an upcoming estate sale.  I told him I wasn't interested, one because I have one...two it was gonna turn into a shitstorm and I really wasn't interest in a circus.  Then I started getting Troy sending me texts to go get it, I said listen I have a full time job, I don't have time to sit at an estate sale, I'm gonna go tell my boss I'm taking the day off...I need to go sit at an estate sale?  Ah no.  So I still figured the locals would go for this....then on Thursday Harris contacted me about the grill.  Harris and Troy hatched some plan that if Harris could score the grill he would get Troy his Imperial back to him in Socal.  However Harris needed to get it and he's in Atlanta.  So here we go...I'm sucked back in, Just when I try to get out...they suck me back in.  So I still didn't want to step on any local toes, so I contacted the usual suspects and everyone said they were out....So now what do I do, I still can't go over there myself, but.....My wife's cousin is a 22 year old kid who works second shift at O'Hare.  He would get off at 11:00 and would be relatively close.  So the wheels start turning.  I told Harris I may have an agent but he doesn't work for free...So I called John and he was eager, I put Harris in touch with John and they worked out a deal and the wheels were put into motion....John would get off work and go straight there.  I told him to bring a paper and pen and make the list and don't leave.  HE got to the house around 11:30.  He said someone actually showed up at 3:00 AM but not for the grill.  HE was number one on the list and the bulk of the people started showing up about 6:00 AM.  Need less to say John was the first to get it and he walked out with a near mint 1959 Glen Blue Imperial.  So technically I didn't purchase this grill in any way, I was just acting as the Super Agent that I am....John brought it to me, and I shipped it off to Harris, and they could now do their deal....This beauty was in my possession for a few days, but I can tell you it is as nice as it is in the pictures if not better.....

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2014, 11:16:32 AM »
That's the truth....