Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gourmet Grate  (Read 7752 times)

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
Re: Gourmet Grate
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 03:46:10 AM »
I've looked at them at the Home Depot but didn't see getting them right now for what they cost.  Would have to agree if you have managed to find these with the sear grate included for $30 that would be way too tempting to pass up, less than half what I have seen for the system, great score & glad you are putting them to good use.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 07:02:44 AM »
I think I saw the Gourmet Grate w/grilling insert & CI skillet for $50 at Rakutan - should I look for the link?
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
Gourmet Grate
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 07:15:33 AM »
I bought a couple sets of the gourmet system w/sear grate insert last fall from HD for about $30. Additionally, I manage to find some at the C&B outlet last fall also. The gourmet grate was about $12, sear grate was $12, griddle was $12 and wok was $24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 08:12:12 AM »
I bought a couple sets of the gourmet system w/sear grate insert last fall from HD for about $30. Additionally, I manage to find some at the C&B outlet last fall also. The gourmet grate was about $12, sear grate was $12, griddle was $12 and wok was $24.

If you find a deal like that again, buy everything on the shelf, post the info here and you'll have lots of people PMing you   ;D

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 08:21:58 AM »
I did post the deal here last fall and I believe a lot of ppl were able to take advantage of the spectacular prices. I don't have the link to the old thread, but I did post SKUs for all the crate & Barrel items.  The cast iron items were very heavy and I believe C&B only vharged a $5 SH fee or it may have even been free S&H too.  It was def a good deal.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 08:23:27 AM »
There is a store about 30 miles north of me that have the grate system with the sear grate for $30, I have purchased a couple of them, last I checked he had about 6 left.  These are heavy items so I am not sure the value in buying for $30 then shipping.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 09:00:58 AM »
I did post the deal here last fall and I believe a lot of ppl were able to take advantage of the spectacular prices. I don't have the link to the old thread, but I did post SKUs for all the crate & Barrel items.  The cast iron items were very heavy and I believe C&B only vharged a $5 SH fee or it may have even been free S&H too.  It was def a good deal.

Here's a Wok...
http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=WB7422OB
@Winz If I hadn't just picked up my other one from Walmart, I'd be on this.
Dude, relax your chicken.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 09:06:03 AM »
@dazzo

Ordered and on its way!  Thanks for the heads up.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 09:53:38 AM »
That wok is awesome Winz!  You will like it. I've used it to make fried chicken on the kettle and it very nice.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »

Sweet!!  My apologies, I didn't realize that you were talking about an "online deal", nor was I around to see that you had posted it.   Man, wish I would have been here.  Oh, wait, then again, I wasn't really doing Charcoal last year anyways as I just started into it this Spring/Summer    :D

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2014, 10:13:45 AM »
@dazzo

Ordered and on its way!  Thanks for the heads up.

Winz

And thank crumbsnatcher for the original post and link!

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »
There is a store about 30 miles north of me that have the grate system with the sear grate for $30, I have purchased a couple of them, last I checked he had about 6 left.  These are heavy items so I am not sure the value in buying for $30 then shipping.

Just took a quick look at USPS.  If postage is arranged online (2nd day Priority Mail), it would cost $11.57 from Sterling Hts MI to Louisville, KY for a 20 pound package, which is what Amazon says the Gourmet system weighs.   That would make it $42 plus whatever tax there is on the initial purchase.   

Haven't looked around locally, but lowest price I have seen for me online would be $70.00+ tax shipped from Amazon.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2014, 12:19:55 PM »
OK, curiosity got the best of me and I called Crate and Barrel. I tried last year, but was too slow to get anything with free shipping.

The only Gourmet system item I could locate is a Weber Wok for $20 at the Tyson Corners, VA. location. Shipping was extra.

If someone is close, that's a great price. Tell them Rick sent you.

Otherwise, Beach Camera is the best deal so far.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2014, 05:27:18 PM »

OK, curiosity got the best of me and I called Crate and Barrel. I tried last year, but was too slow to get anything with free shipping.

The only Gourmet system item I could locate is a Weber Wok for $20 at the Tyson Corners, VA. location. Shipping was extra.

If someone is close, that's a great price. Tell them Rick sent you.

Otherwise, Beach Camera is the best deal so far.

Nice find Dazzo!  I guess they still have a few laying around here and there. That's even cheaper than what I paid last year which was $24.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2014, 07:48:16 PM »
I love mine....