Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gourmet Grate  (Read 7749 times)

Winz

• WKC Ranger
Gourmet Grate
« on: September 23, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »
My buddy @argentflame recently gifted me a NIB Gourmet Grate system.  I have to say, this thing is pretty impressive.  The individual bars on the grate are significantly beefier than a standard grate and it really feels built to last.  I am anxious to try a few Woks and other accessories for it.  It also has the flip up sides for adding fuel to an indirect cook.

Often, I use Bisbee's charcoal grate to fire up a chimney of coals for Roswell, Sierralita, or another cooker.  This means I have to remove the grilling grate and set it somewhere.  However, with the Gourmet grate system, I only have to remove the small inner circle.  Both small and large charcoal chimneys will fit.  This is an unadvertised, but very convenient and beneficial feature for me:

I am impressed with this design - it will become my everyday grilling grate.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Gourmet Grate
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:27:22 PM »
i've had one of these on my christmas list since they were introduce.

apparently my friends and family can't take hints, or they don't love me enough.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 03:05:19 PM »
Picked up on of these the other day for 29.99....I am getting another one too.  At that price it's a no brainer.

EDIT:  Lightningboltz is correct....forgot to mention it was the system and not just the grate.  THAT is why it was a easy choice.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:53:55 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 03:25:35 PM »
i've had one of these on my christmas list since they were introduce.

apparently my friends and family can't take hints, or they don't love me enough.

"The meaning of communication is the response that you get"

~~~> most likely Richard Bandler

@Troy
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 03:42:55 PM »
Picked up on of these the other day for 29.99....I am getting another one too.  At that price it's a no brainer.

Hoss forgot to mention he got the sear grate with it for $30.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

toddmog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
The gourmet system with sear grate was the first upgrade I made for my performer.  It makes pretty marks on steaks and chops.  I need to get some other drop in pieces at some point.
2013 22.5 WSM, 2012 Brick Red Performer Platinum, 2012 SJG (Mini WSM), 2011 Q300, 2008 18.5 WSM, 1998 Gas Go Anywhere

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 04:07:58 PM »

This too
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »
Idahawk - good call!

Winz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 05:03:52 PM »
Nice idea @idahawk 

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 06:05:17 PM »

EDIT:  Lightningboltz is correct....forgot to mention it was the system and not just the grate.  THAT is why it was a easy choice.

Can you get more at that price ?  If so, are you willing to ship ?   ;D 8) :-*

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 06:51:34 PM »
Be aware, if it comes with the CI griddle, the box is like 97 pounds :o

Well, actually only 21 pounds.
Dude, relax your chicken.

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 07:55:20 AM »

This too

@Idahawk. Thanks for posting the Lodge DO. I have the same one. I thought it was too big. Almost bought a #4 DO on CL.
@Winz This makes lighting the chimney much easier. Smart discovery.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 01:18:32 PM »

I am going back done but it is complicated.  I live in Canada but must travel to the States to get this.  I am having this picked up for my by someone there.  In order to get him money I have to transfer it to someone in Canada at a cost of $3 then he PayPals it to the States at a cost of $7.  I have no PayPal account so this is the way it is.  Then there is the exchange rate and taxes coming back.  Plus if you are in the States, postage from me to you is gonna be a killer. I am gonna send along a PM.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 01:27:52 PM »

I am going back done but it is complicated.  I live in Canada but must travel to the States to get this.  I am having this picked up for my by someone there.  In order to get him money I have to transfer it to someone in Canada at a cost of $3 then he PayPals it to the States at a cost of $7.  I have no PayPal account so this is the way it is.  Then there is the exchange rate and taxes coming back.  Plus if you are in the States, postage from me to you is gonna be a killer. I am gonna send along a PM.

Yowser, that is kind of complicated   :o :o.  Looks like by the time everything is said and done, it would probably be cheaper for me to just go buy the thing.  Oh well, deals come and go.   Thanks for the reply !!

Lerxst

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 03:22:18 AM »

Dude - where are you getting them at that price?
"Woke up this morning thinking - what can I barbecue next!  This is fun!"