Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: new gasser forum  (Read 16231 times)

Troy

• Statesman
new gasser forum
« on: September 20, 2014, 12:49:57 PM »
After seeing the magic that @Bman created with his replacement handles and slats for the genesis and noticing how many members have a gasser sitting around - we decided to test the waters and see what kind of weber gas grill discussions the community will have :)

Enjoy!

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
new gasser forum
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 01:01:43 PM »
Awesome. I love my gassers, but love my kettle more. I need more kettles. Only have one.

My genesis is great when cooking for the masses or just doing quick burgers and dogs. Also use it to keep food warm or finish food on.

jmeier64

• WKC Brave
Re: new gasser forum
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »
I have an awesome 2 burner 2005 Genesis Silver B that I got this summer from Saxart. I use it for hot and fast, quick cooks after work when in a hurry, keeping things warm, and other things where I like temp control plus high heat. I use the kettles 90% of time, but I would not give up my Genesis either. I will post a family pic tomorrow. (Raining here now :( ). I do not see why the 3 Rs cannot apply to Weber grills of all lines
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:35:03 PM by jmeier64 »
First up a nice 3 wheeler red head

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 02:13:13 PM »
Is it only for new gassers?

:D
Dude, relax your chicken.

Brickout

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »
Great, I have a story to tell of a Genesis gold B I picked up this Summer.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »
I'm still not ready to give up on my gassers, even though the last 4 grills that I have acquired have been kettles.     I'm having a little cookout at my house tomorrow and upwards of 65 will be chowing down.   Proteins are brisket, baby backs, chicken breasts, pork chops, pork loin and Porterhouse steaks.

The briskets, ribs and the pork loin are coming off the smoker.  Chicken breasts, pork chops and Porterhouses will be grilled.    Side items are also going to be grilled or will be done in the smoker.    Smoked baked beans, grilled asparagus, grilled tri color peppers, corn on the cob, baked potatoes and Portobello mushrooms.

Weapons of choice will be a Genesis Silver C, a Genesis Gold C, a Brinkmann Pro 2700 6 burner (got that before I was introduced to Weber) two Smoke Hollow 44 propane smokers.

My brother will be helping with some of the sides and I'll be doing all the proteins.       

Simply put, I don't know that it would be possible to put out that amount of food using Weber Kettles, even if I happened to have a couple of Ranch kettles sitting in the back yard.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 06:34:43 PM »
"Simply put, I don't know that it would be possible to put out that amount of food using Weber Kettles, even if I happened to have a couple of Ranch kettles sitting in the back yard."

Well, it's possible, don't know if you'd want to do it that way & it's sounds like you have it WAY under control anyhoo !!!

4 kettles, 3 or 4 on site

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/previous-it's-peaceful-at-night/msg7811/#msg7811

5 kettles, 3 on site

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/previous-pop's-memorial-shindig/msg7814/#msg7814

4 kettles, 4 onsite

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/do-you-scrunch-up-your-butt/msg33971/#msg33971

6 butts on 5

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/re-print-ok-what's-in-kettle-3/msg35831/#msg35831

I've cooked for 100 numerous times...5~6 kettles, some pre~cook....150 on 6 kettles with a guy doing a brisket in an outdoor fireplace.....appetizers, larger loads of appetizers, then main courses of tri-tip, etc.

No problem how anyone gets to where they need to go, but never underestimate the humble kettle
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »
This is great. I have a Genesis platinum and Genesis Silver B. I'm also tryin to get parts for a Summit that has a burned out front panel on the fire box. Here's the summit.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »
That's a sweet Genesis Platinum! 8)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 08:44:35 PM »
"Simply put, I don't know that it would be possible to put out that amount of food using Weber Kettles, even if I happened to have a couple of Ranch kettles sitting in the back yard."

Well, it's possible, don't know if you'd want to do it that way & it's sounds like you have it WAY under control anyhoo !!!

4 kettles, 3 or 4 on site

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/previous-it's-peaceful-at-night/msg7811/#msg7811

5 kettles, 3 on site

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/previous-pop's-memorial-shindig/msg7814/#msg7814

4 kettles, 4 onsite

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/do-you-scrunch-up-your-butt/msg33971/#msg33971

6 butts on 5

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/re-print-ok-what's-in-kettle-3/msg35831/#msg35831

I've cooked for 100 numerous times...5~6 kettles, some pre~cook....150 on 6 kettles with a guy doing a brisket in an outdoor fireplace.....appetizers, larger loads of appetizers, then main courses of tri-tip, etc.

No problem how anyone gets to where they need to go, but never underestimate the humble kettle

Wow, that's some serious Kettle skills.  One day, I might make it there.      I can see where longer cooks wouldn't be a problem.    Unsure about how many kettles I could man for high heat grilling of 26 Porterhouses, 30 Pork Loin Chops and 24 chicken breasts.   As it is, I'll have to stage everything correctly and flip the gassers 2 times to get it all done.   Of course, there will be some stacking along the way as well.  Gotta love carry over cooking.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 08:45:29 PM »

Even better, it's a Summit

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 08:47:28 PM »

Even better, it's a Summit

#busted

Shows you how much more of a Kettle man I am than a Gasser man!  ;D

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 08:49:52 PM »

That's the Summit. Here's the genie platinum. Both are 10 years old bought new. The summit is at my father in laws place.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 08:53:46 PM »

That's the Summit. Here's the genie platinum. Both are 10 years old bought new. The summit is at my father in laws place.

That is nice & clean. FWIW, this is the part of the forum where I am a novice....  :-[

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 08:54:41 PM »

Wow, that's some serious Kettle skills.  One day, I might make it there.      I can see where longer cooks wouldn't be a problem.    Unsure about how many kettles I could man for high heat grilling of 26 Porterhouses, 30 Pork Loin Chops and 24 chicken breasts.   As it is, I'll have to stage everything correctly and flip the gassers 2 times to get it all done.   Of course, there will be some stacking along the way as well.  Gotta love carry over cooking.

Thanks, but I'm sure I'd screw up royal on gas.....more power to ya !!!!

see if you can get somebody to take pics of the action     8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"