Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC online eCook day CONFIRMED!!! SUNDAY SEPT 7TH - ALL DAY!  (Read 38185 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: WKC online eCook day CONFIRMED!!! SUNDAY SEPT 7TH - ALL DAY!
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2014, 05:21:35 PM »
Just got done tucking the kettles in... .they will have a long day tomorrow..

I love the smell of a evening cook...

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2014, 05:22:25 PM »
Glad you can join in and good luck!

thank you. was hoping my previous post wouldn't offend anyone.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2014, 05:38:07 PM »
My menu for tomorrow

1) Mimosa's bright and early
2) BBQ'd chicken legs
3) bacon and cream cheese stuffed poppers
4) garlic stuffed mushrooms

And those above are just for appetizers...for TWO people

5) 2 slabs baby back ribs on the WSM.
6) sliced potatoes with Weber Veggie Seasoning and garlic infused oil on the CI Pan

Weapons (grills) of choice to be determined
Kettle collector AND cooker!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2014, 06:32:00 PM »
not sure how to put this softly, so i'll just put it out there. while I don't expect a win(my skills are far below what the average poster here can do), I do have a request if I do win. if I win, the only prize I'd accept is the sj. anything else, I'd donate to a WKC'er.

here is why..i have buddy and the bullet. between them I can cook for a good amount of people. however, I have limited space to store stuff. I can cover smoking and grilling between buddy and the bullet and accommodate a fair amount of people.
however, I don't currently have a way to do a quick grill for 1-2 people, the sj would fill that void.
Cook want you want to cook no need to worry about the size of the cook, the whole idea is to get out and cook and relax and have fun!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »

Plotting, planning.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers
One of the charcoal people.

Chuck

• WKC Brave
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2014, 07:15:06 PM »
My first attempt at baby backs will be tomorrow's main cook on the new-to-me SS Performer. I'm unsure if there will be anything else at the moment.
This is a fairly cheap hobby when you consider the time  with family and friends and how many meals are created.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »

Hope you don't mind Jeff but I am stealing this idea for sure. I think I hit full sprint on the way to the liquor cabinet to check for supplies - and by some small miracle there sat a bottle of champagne 8) can't believe it.

I have WAY too much food. I've already asked my buddies all to bring Tupperware containers for take home lol

My crew will all be showing up about 11am PST (2pm EST) but I'll be getting started on my own much earlier. :)

Here's my plan:

6:30am (9:30 EST): The Mimosa's will start flowin' - will probably check in on the new discussion post at that point  8)
7:00am to 7:30am : Fire up the performer!
7:30am to 8:30am : Cook and enjoy some good ole fashion bacon and eggs on the gourmet system griddle. (My first breakfast cook on a kettle!)
8:30am to 10:30am : Have some more setting up to do and need to go grab some ice. Hope to be commenting on all the cool photos everyone's posting!
10:30am : Fire up the WSM
11am - night: Food/Beer/Post/Toss Football/Beer/Food/Post/Beer/Bocce/Post/Beer/Food/Post/Beer/Prizes?/Food/Water/Beer/Food/Water/Beer/Food/Unconsciousness ;) ;D ;)

Here's what's on the menu:

Breakie:
- Eggs, Bacon, Smashed red potatoes

Lunch:
- Bacon Bomb, Prociutto wrapped asparagus w/peppers, beans

Lunch-ish: :)

- TURDS! Going a bit outta the box on my first ever turd attempt - Indian butter chicken with basmati rice stuffed & wrapped for one type, and then for the other I have some chunked marinated tenderloin steak leftovers I want to try stuffing in with some texmex cheese mix!
- My buddy's secret family "baseball" sausage recipe. Ridiculously good.
- Corn - on a Corn N Tater Ring of course!
- Possibly some Bacon Wrapped Pineapple

Dinner:
- 3 Racks of Baby Backs on the WSM
- Melted Onions
- Twice baked potatoes
- Maple Brown Sugar Pineapple Rings
- Split Bananas with smore filling

PLUS whatever my buddies bring along lol

It's time to feast! 

;)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2014, 08:10:38 PM »

Hope you don't mind Jeff but I am stealing this idea for sure. I think I hit full sprint on the way to the liquor cabinet to check for supplies - and by some small miracle there sat a bottle of champagne 8) can't believe it.

I have WAY too much food. I've already asked my buddies all to bring Tupperware containers for take home lol

My crew will all be showing up about 11am PST (2pm EST) but I'll be getting started on my own much earlier. :)

Here's my plan:

6:30am (9:30 EST): The Mimosa's will start flowin' - will probably check in on the new discussion post at that point  8)
7:00am to 7:30am : Fire up the performer!
7:30am to 8:30am : Cook and enjoy some good ole fashion bacon and eggs on the gourmet system griddle. (My first breakfast cook on a kettle!)
8:30am to 10:30am : Have some more setting up to do and need to go grab some ice. Hope to be commenting on all the cool photos everyone's posting!
10:30am : Fire up the WSM
11am - night: Food/Beer/Post/Toss Football/Beer/Food/Post/Beer/Bocce/Post/Beer/Food/Post/Beer/Prizes?/Food/Water/Beer/Food/Water/Beer/Food/Unconsciousness ;) ;D ;)

Here's what's on the menu:

Breakie:
- Eggs, Bacon, Smashed red potatoes

Lunch:
- Bacon Bomb, Prociutto wrapped asparagus w/peppers, beans

Lunch-ish: :)

- TURDS! Going a bit outta the box on my first ever turd attempt - Indian butter chicken with basmati rice stuffed & wrapped for one type, and then for the other I have some chunked marinated tenderloin steak leftovers I want to try stuffing in with some texmex cheese mix!
- My buddy's secret family "baseball" sausage recipe. Ridiculously good.
- Corn - on a Corn N Tater Ring of course!
- Possibly some Bacon Wrapped Pineapple

Dinner:
- 3 Racks of Baby Backs on the WSM
- Melted Onions
- Twice baked potatoes
- Maple Brown Sugar Pineapple Rings
- Split Bananas with smore filling

PLUS whatever my buddies bring along lol

It's time to feast! 

;)

Holy Cow!  Better get a few more champagne bottles!!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »
Oh there will be many other poisons on hand, the mimosas just the nice smooth primer, sort of like a liquid appetizer :)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2014, 08:55:02 PM »
Booze and BBQ. My two favorites! Thawing my sausage now for the fattie in the am while swilling beers as I type... Time for bed so I can wake up and cook lots

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2014, 08:56:44 PM »
Got everything prepped and in the fridge. Starting early tomorrow morning getting  the pork but on the WSM at about 5:00 am. Then it is back to bed for a few more minutes of shut eye. Then about 8 throw the 3 racks of ribs on the WSM. At the same time it is breakfast time. English muffins toasted on the kettle with eggs made in the ci skillet and bacon also linguica. Then a bit later roast some hatch Chiles.  Then a bit after that put the jerk chicken wings on and then the jalapeņo poppers.  Then at the end corn on the cob cooked in the husk. Should wrap up the day around 6pm.  Whew what a day.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2014, 09:04:58 PM »
Everything's prepped and ready, snakes are set, wings on brine, mushroom fatty done and my butts rubbed gonna be some grate food tomorrow. Here's some fatty prep, the butt will go on at about midnight so were ready for 1 o'clock games. Wing brine is an obnoxious amount of crushed garlic, chopped fresh ginger and red pepper flakes. Pulling the wings out of the brine in a few and will air dry in the fridge.

The primary arsenal sure could use some red in the mix :)

Fatty prep:
Dried Porcini and Shitake

My favorite fatty sausage 1/2 a chub for the core

You can see the bright Porcinis already soaking up the love, sprinkled a heavy dose of rub in the mix

1.5 lbs of Sage

The weave

The cheese and mushy core

Nighty night

See you tomorrow
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:18:46 PM by jamesnomore »
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Craig

• WKC Mod
WKC online eCook day CONFIRMED!!! SUNDAY SEPT 7TH - ALL DAY!
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2014, 09:06:30 PM »
Somebody's cramming the night before the test.... Looks great! :)

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2014, 09:52:12 PM »
This brisket is going to be introduced to my green performer at midnight,
the turds and game hens will meet their respective heat baths later during the day.

AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..