Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Get together idea....  (Read 9213 times)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Get together idea....
« on: November 15, 2012, 07:10:39 PM »
I cannot take credit for this idea, I saw it on another virtual site, (   http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?34855-Weber-Museum-Factory-Tours    ) and Ed Rilley our very own rilleyranch had the idea of a get together.  Ed had mentioned that the Big Green Egg guys had some sort of get together in a parking lot where they dragged their eggs out and showed them off.  He was saying on the other site that he thought it would be cool to try to drag our kettles to a site and show them and hang out.  I don't know if we are close enough to do that but maybe if we could plan something early and maybe meet in the spring?  Just tossing out the idea.  Chris shot Ed down in the very next post...I was just curious if anyone would be up for that.  As I said I don't want to steal Ed's ideas.  I just wanted to toss it out over here and see if it would be a little more well received and not just shot down instantly.  I know I'm not doing it justice, maybe Ed can explain it better than I could....

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Get together idea....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
I agree with Ed, It only takes a few to start a Weber gathering. I bet it would be a hit. :)

Check this tour video out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JlO6wf3DGOM

ROB_STANG2000

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 04:25:38 AM »
It would be cool if you could have it at the weber factory parking lot, or one of their facilities, and maybe have a tour also.  Some of the people from weber would probably like to check out the kettles.  It would also be a good time and place to have a grilling swap meet, buy, sell and trade grills and accessories.  I think this would be lots of fun! 
Proud owner of a Lime Green22.5, Red 22.5 silver, Black 22.5 Silver 18.5 custom , two smoky Joes witch one has been converted to a custom smoker,  a Weber Summit Silver, and a UDS.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 09:47:07 AM »
Brian, thanks for the shout out. 

I do think a Weber event would be a great idea.  60 years of Weber owners should be able to get some turnout.  Chicago would be a natural location for the first one, it can spread from there.  Maybe even tie it into a BBQ santioned event (KCBS or MIM).

That's a great idea to buy, sell, and trade vintage Weber grills.   It will also create more interest in the older Weber's (and drive traffic to this site).   

Any other thoughts/insights? 

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »
Sounds like fun. I'll have to wait till it gets closer to Pennsylvania!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 10:01:21 AM »
Well how can we do it?

Brian

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 11:14:28 AM »
Want me to try to make it happen at the Palatine headquarters? :)

Maybe we can get some of those inner-office executive vintage pieces outside to mingle too ;)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
I hadn't "been back" since I came over here awhile back and all I can say is wow what a wet blanket! I guess a few guys getting together and having a good time doesn't drive any Amazon traffic. Oh well, count me in if you ever get anywhere near East Texas  :) In the mean time take plenty of pics and know that I wish I was there.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »
Trot you think you could?

Brian

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 07:22:19 PM »
Im up for anything of course!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 07:37:30 PM »
i can try. i used to be quite the social engineer ;)

Most of my manipulation skills were done in the tech field, but i'm getting better and better at 'real life' social interactions.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 06:39:17 AM »
i can try. i used to be quite the social engineer ;)

Most of my manipulation skills were done in the tech field, but i'm getting better and better at 'real life' social interactions.

Kinda like when you went to pick up a cool grill for 30 bucks and the guy said he meant 130...then you told him you're taking the grill for 30 bucks whether he likes it or not!   Those kind of real life social interactions to showcase your manipulation skills????  LOL
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:42:04 AM by Jeff »

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 06:40:28 AM »
Also to throw this out there...I know Im central to many people in the Illinois burbs area, southern Wisconsin, etc....I'd be happy to host a big bbq event get together by me as well if the interest is there.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 06:41:13 AM »

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 09:40:02 AM »
Count me in - and I'm hoping I'll be in town when it happens. I have some way-out travel coming up...does anyone know if they do any kettle grilling in Saudi Arabia? Guess I'll be looking for Webers in that Dune color for sure!

Marty