Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Winter Grilling  (Read 13055 times)

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Winter Grilling
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »
... but by the time I get home already getting dark for the day.
Yeah, the days are still short. But even in summer I often find myself finishing a smoke long after the sun sets. A remote reading thermometer allows me to keep an eye on things without braving the elements. When I do go out, I often use one of those head mounted LED lights to see what I'm doing. It works pretty well.
kettles, smokers...

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 07:52:10 AM »
One of the things I have come to love is the screened-in porch off our dining room.  I am able to grill all winter long without a whole lot of discomfort.  Of course the buddies are all jealous too!

I even have heat!!  Doesn't do much but the wife gets a kick out of it. ::)

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 07:56:33 AM »
That's a grillers paradise!  :o  I nthink that what weber had in mind when they mentioned grilling indoors. Let's have a closer look at that old yeller. :)

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 08:01:45 AM »
That's a grillers paradise!  :o  I nthink that what weber had in mind when they mentioned grilling indoors. Let's have a closer look at that old yeller. :)

Thanks!

Here's old yeller...

Big B

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 08:47:09 AM »
Got that jealous buddy thing right........This where we have to cook in the winter

Sure is nice when Ted lets us hang out in the porch and grill :)
Wood Worker by day, Wood Burner...by night!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »
That's a really nice Yachtsman Ted! That wooden table handle looks saweet on that blue performer Big B!

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »
That is a nice blue performer! Forgive my ignorance though, is the table attachment a mod, or a product from Weber? I've seen it on a few other performers but always thought they were home built.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »
That is a nice blue performer! Forgive my ignorance though, is the table attachment a mod, or a product from Weber? I've seen it on a few other performers but always thought they were home built.

Since it doesn't look like big b is going to answer your question...Yes that is a mod.  B's brother makes butcher blocks at his work from scrap and b then makes the tables. 

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 06:03:11 PM »
I want one!!! seriously. please?? I can get the Folding L-Brackets how much for table shipped?
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 06:20:56 PM »
Well, B's brother makes a fine looking table 8) Very tempting to make one but I have a table made from an old Weber gasser frame.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 07:01:25 PM »
Sweet looking yellow Ted! I havn't seen one heat up before. Lookes like they darken to and orangeish color like when redheads turn plum-purple when they get all hot.

Here's my patio set up when there's snow on the ground.....

I liked the way the sun was hitting the woodgrain on the Warrior handle that day.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:04:47 PM by Craig »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 07:14:12 PM »

I liked the way the sun was hitting the woodgrain on the Warrior handle that day.

This Pic needs to go to the head of the class, or the front page of the site, or something !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"