Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A new cover???  (Read 1307 times)

Bman

• WKC Performer
A new cover???
« on: July 07, 2014, 05:10:45 PM »
Browsing posts/comments on Weber's FB page, someone was complaining about the quality of the Weber cover (sold at Lowes) 
Weber's reply caught my attention...

Weber Grills ---  HI James! Congrats on your new grill! We are sorry to hear about the cover, the covers do have a 2 year warranty but it sounds like you already have a replacement. We do have a new cover coming out that you can preorder through CS at 800-446-1071. Thanks for being part of the Weber family and grill on!
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: A new cover???
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:13:30 PM »
Very interesting!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 05:18:39 PM »
Could be made using sunbrella fabric. I heard that was being considered at least for the Summit level gas grills. Agree a better cover material would get my attention and likely a few of my dollars.

ROB_STANG2000

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 05:42:51 PM »
Got a new one for my 26 it is a different material than any of my other ones. Its black and more rubber like
Proud owner of a Lime Green22.5, Red 22.5 silver, Black 22.5 Silver 18.5 custom , two smoky Joes witch one has been converted to a custom smoker,  a Weber Summit Silver, and a UDS.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 06:14:58 PM »
Got a new one for my 26 it is a different material than any of my other ones. Its black and more rubber like

What are your other ones?  The cover for my 26er sounds like the one you describe, which is the same material as my older & newer performer covers and WSM cover.  They're nice the first year, but show signs of wear/cracking afterwards if they see a lot of sunlight.  The light gray covers which are 8 or 9 bucks are only good if you store indoors.  lol

I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 07:43:42 PM »
I have observed this as well.  The latest style cover for the 26 seems to be made of different material than previous covers Ive purchased.  Ive found in the warmer months it isn't as noticeable but in the winter, the material was very brittle.  The newer style is a darker shade of black, thinner, and shinier than the older style which was a duller slightly grey color and felt a bit thicker and more pliable.  Im not sure if this applies to all other kettle covers but its good to hear Weber may come out with something new. 

ROB_STANG2000

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 07:45:05 PM »
Its different than my performer and premium covers.
Proud owner of a Lime Green22.5, Red 22.5 silver, Black 22.5 Silver 18.5 custom , two smoky Joes witch one has been converted to a custom smoker,  a Weber Summit Silver, and a UDS.