Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Swing low, sweet .....  (Read 2158 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Swing low, sweet .....
« on: June 10, 2014, 05:57:01 PM »
While driving to a friend's house the other day I see something out of the corner of my eye and pull over.

Today while out running an errand not far from it I stopped by and knocked on the door. It's not for sale. She "really likes" her grill and the table, uses it often. And no, wouldn't dream of parting with it. No opportunity to make an offer could I see. Today I only glanced at is as I walked by. Lid and kettle seem OK and the table's not bad. (That mat-looking thing wasn't on it.)

So here's the deal: It doesn't really need much of a Restore, but she's got the Respect and so no Rescue is needed. In the end, that's what it's all about (for me).
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
Re: Swing low, sweet .....
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 06:06:12 PM »
That's beautiful!  Great story too. Really glad to see it respected and being used.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:06:20 PM »
Maybe if it needs a new handle you can point her in our direction. Maybe she's a Grillfellette and doesn't know it yet. ;)

zorknards2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »
Omg I would love to see that in person
i almost have all my grails but waiting for that yellow to miraculously appear maybe in ny.

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 08:23:46 PM »
Thats a great cart and kettle combo. You should make her an offer she can not refuse or just leave your number.
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 09:00:25 PM »
I would ask her if I could cook her and her family a meal on that wonderful grill.
She'll never forget it and when its time for the grill to go, you'll have it in your truck ;)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 09:03:49 PM »
I see someone else has discovered "my" grill.... I ran into the same problem. Wouldn't trade or sell it to me, either.  Was the sprinkler still sitting on the table? If so, I would beg to differ that it's used often.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/red-seville-drive-by/msg83654/#msg83654

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/red-seville-drive-by-ii-a-closer-perv/msg86481/#msg86481
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 05:00:53 AM »
Hmm, I suppose it does need a bit of a Restore. You didn't indicate it in your other threads but she seemed like a nice lady, right? Now she probably thought how weird it was that a second guy came pestering her.

Yeah, it's a duplex, so you'd have to see a car parked on that same side of the place. I walked to the front door but she'd seen me pull up in the side-driveway and met me outside.

Oh, that's too funny Bob! And here I was thinking, "I hope the St. Louis crew doesn't ask me where it is." (Not because I care if someone else buys it, but because it would be a shame if she begins to see this as harassment or worse.)

Speaking of which, if I was in town more than just a few more days I'd be tempted to sneak a Weber cover of some kind on it and a Zavod handle. That'd get her attention.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 06:37:33 AM »
 ;D  I thought that looked familiar! 

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 11:12:23 AM »
I thought I had seen that grill before.
A Wonderful Family!!!

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 12:26:53 PM »
Is that a covered WSM next to it?

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 12:43:27 PM »
No, it looks like a Brinkman

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »
No, it looks like a Brinkman

Definitely an ECB.

Brickout

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 05:23:23 AM »
If this wasn't in another state, I'd swear you were at the same house.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/red-seville-drive-by-ii-a-closer-perv/

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 08:31:57 AM »
If this wasn't in another state, I'd swear you were at the same house.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/red-seville-drive-by-ii-a-closer-perv/

It is the same house, and the same grill. AtS was hanging out here in St. Lou....