Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Outdoor Gas Fireplace  (Read 3246 times)

SixZeroFour

Weber Outdoor Gas Fireplace
« on: May 26, 2014, 10:46:07 PM »
Check this out! I picked this up off CL from a guy who said it came with his house when they bought it years ago and that they never used it. Well, the previous owner before him must have also only fired this up a few times because its in fantastic shape with no soot at all on the lava or logs. When I called he literally said "I know I'm giving it away but I just want it gone!" ... well sir, I am glad to help!

He did hook it up to the NG line and it fired right up no problem with nice big flames! There are a lot of ceramic logs and they are all different sizes so it looks quite realistic IMO. The complete unit is a tank and weighs about 140lbs, but has really cool wheels built in that you can tip it onto for easy maneuvering (pic 3). I will try to get some more pictures of it running at night once it stops raining...

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Outdoor Gas Fireplace
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:23:11 AM »
Nice score!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:12:17 PM »
That thing is a beauty. I have been looking for one too. Very nice score.
A Wonderful Family!!!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 08:29:31 AM »
Here are a few shots of this bad boy up and running. I love this thing!

First pic is along side it's Weber cousin which will soon be on it's way down to another WKC member: 8)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 08:34:23 AM »
That's sweet , enjoy

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 06:41:16 AM »
Another one shows up! That's the first non-propane one I've seen.  I might have to get a model number off of you for the natural gas hookup.  Mine is propane and if I was ever going to have an excuse for plumbing a gas line outside, it would be for this.  Maybe with the right model number, Weber would sell me the NG manifold (if they still have any on the shelves after 6-8 years at least of not making them.  Another advantage of the NG is cutting down the footprint.  With the propane tank on the back, it takes up a good amount of real estate (and it has a surprisingly big footprint to boot).

I bet you'll love it.  I was enjoying a couple mojitos by mine last night.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/picked-up-a-funny-looking-weber/msg101837/#msg101837

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/question-about-weber-gas-firepit/msg102594/#msg102594

SixZeroFour

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 11:17:06 AM »
I've used it a for few nights now and it really is awesome! I believe the correct model number on the natural gas is 27001 (propane was 27000) so hopefully Weber can "hook you up" so to speak.

It does have a large footprint but this thing was built to last with the super heavy cast base. I have kids so I also like the fact that the fire sits back within the chimney a bit and that you can slap the rain/heat shields on once it's shut off.

If you have the room and can snag a deal on one of these on CL I would highly recommend it to any fan of the outdoors.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:09:47 PM by SixZeroFour »