Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How Old Is This Performer?  (Read 3823 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
How Old Is This Performer?
« on: May 29, 2014, 06:37:19 AM »
Hey Guys.  Spotted this:

"I have a 3 year old Weber charcoal bbq for sale. $600 new selling for $150. it is in great condition and has always been stored indoors. No rust at all. It uses small propane tank to start so no lighter fluid is needed. even the sparker/ignitor still works."

I have turned my brother-in-law onto it as he is after 2 kettles...he has none but seeing me cook a few times has gotten him going.  That blue looks in good condition but I am thinking the thermometer location and wheels make that Performer older.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: How Old Is This Performer?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:57:11 AM »
It is possible they are telling the truth about the age, I saw one like this at an ACE recently on the floor.  They are lying about the price though.....

I don't know the year when they changed from this look to the new one 2012 maybe.....

I really like this model, almost better than the SS version.

$150, is a fair price, not a steal but i would pay it if I wanted a blue performer bad enough.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 07:08:13 AM »
It is possible they are telling the truth about the age, I saw one like this at an ACE recently on the floor.  They are lying about the price though.....

I don't know the year when they changed from this look to the new one 2012 maybe.....

I really like this model, almost better than the SS version.

$150, is a fair price, not a steal but i would pay it if I wanted a blue performer bad enough.

Thanks.  I knew the fella was off on the price - they retail for $399 up here in Canada.  Pickings for used Kettles up here is not nearly as sweet as just across the border.  The $150 price tag used is on the low side for up here....I think I have seen lower prices but a handfull of times and usually they are somewhat beat.

I have seen the listings on craigslist Michigan for Weber products and drooled.  The selection and prices make me depressed so I try not to look too often.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:10:02 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 07:38:51 AM »
I would snag that blue in a heartbeat! $150 is cheap for up here even for a black in that nice of shape.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »
I found one for a bud that looks identical to this one at it is a DR vent code which makes it a 2006, I think they
may have changed the visuals in 2009 as my AD's (2010) are different. If you are comfortable with the price,
I'd say grab it and don't look back.

AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 12:56:41 PM »
I saw that this morning on kijiji.
Too far for me, but, you're a lot closer. You got it yet?!!  :D ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
I saw that this morning on kijiji.
Too far for me, but, you're a lot closer. You got it yet?!!  :D ;) ;)

No I am not getting it.  Called the brother-in-law and it is in his court.  I just wanted to make him an educated buyer.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 04:24:17 PM »
I am thinking the thermometer location and wheels make that Performer older.

This is the model which came out after the SS Performer got revamped in 2005

I saw one like this at an ACE recently on the floor. 

Really?  It's at least 5 years old then.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 06:52:10 AM »
I found one for a bud that looks identical to this one at it is a DR vent code which makes it a 2006, I think they
may have changed the visuals in 2009 as my AD's (2010) are different. If you are comfortable with the price,
I'd say grab it and don't look back.

No way that grill is a 2006. The thermo and cart are all wrong..  Does it have an actual label with the serial #? 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 06:29:12 PM »
No way that grill is a 2006. The thermo and cart are all wrong..  Does it have an actual label with the serial #? 8)

Sorry Jude, I wasn't trying to imply the pic I posted was an '06, it is a pic of one of my '10's (AD) posted it to show the changes
Weber made after the '06 models, here is a pic of the '06 I helped my bud get. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 07:49:54 PM »
No harm, no foul,, Just want to make sure we keep the age history correct.
Weber came out with the modern Performer in 2005.  They have an SS front to them.
Not sure what year they switched to a painted front. Not as nice in my opinion.
Still can't stand the plastic tables. If only they made them in SS, that would be sweet!  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..