Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: kettle cleaning tips  (Read 10408 times)

salad

• WKC Ranger
Re: kettle cleaning tips
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 09:16:28 AM »
I'm in the minority here and maybe I'm doing something wrong but the one time I used a razor blade scraper to begin with, it made very fine scratches in the porcelain.  Not really visible unless in direct sunlight and looked for but they were there and I haven't used the razor unless it's the last resort. 

I mainly use oven cleaner and let that do it's work for hours and sometimes overnight.  I then reapply and then scrape w/ a plastic scraper.  Then warm water, Dawn and a nylon scrub brush/sponge.  If after doing that twice and it's still not clean, then I carefully use the razor.   Basically, I won't reach for the razor first.  Only as a last resort or for trouble spots.

Interesting. I followup the razor with 000 steel wool and those microscratches or whatever go away. I've done this so many times I didn't think they were actually scratches.

Ah, ok.  I'll try that. 
WTB 18 fruit

bwb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 03:27:00 AM »
Another suggestion... Do it in the yard not on your driveway.
I just ended up with a a 2nd mess to clean up  : :-\
09 Green Performer, 04 Silver Genesis A...

Kgo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 07:48:48 PM »
Bump I put in two hours cleaning a old grill today.  I said #f it and started using the metal end of a grill brush to get the cooked rusted gunk underneath the lid.

My back hurts.