Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gas grill  (Read 1655 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Gas grill
« on: October 25, 2012, 05:56:23 AM »
I know we're all die-hard charcoal fans here, but does anyone have or use a Weber gas grill? If so, has anyone ever used one of those V-shaped smoker boxes that lays in between the flavorizer bars? I was curious as to how well these things worked? Specifically, do you have to get the grill really hot before it will smoke?

I have a Weber Genesis gas grill with the burner knobs on the side so the burners are situated left to right. I have the optional smoker box that Weber produces for this particular grill, but the smoker box is lays in there front to back - oppposite of the burners, so the burners only make contact with a small portion of the smoker box. In order to make it smoke, I have to crank the heat full blast to get it hot enough. The high temperature required to make it smoke makes it impossible to cook "low and slow" for bbq.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Grillingtome

• Smokey Joe
Re: Gas grill
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
I cannot get my Genesis to cook hot enough to satisfy myself . Slow to recover from lid openings etc. I have called Weber a couple of times with no help.

I guess when you boil it down I just prefer the charcoal.

Sorry, I cannot help with your problem.