Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Guru'd Kettle?  (Read 6067 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Guru'd Kettle?
« on: October 23, 2012, 03:11:53 AM »
Anyone here have a 22" kettle with a BBQ Guru WSM adapter, bulkhead fitting, Stoker, Auber or IQ setup?

I'm planning on adding the WSM adapters to my Redheads Performer and Master-Touch/Cajun Bandit and looking for any pros/cons from those that have.
Specifically the Cajun Bandit will have the ash pan from a Sears/Weber Economy Kettle below the charcoal ring so it will be more in line with the WSM, the Performer will have the Stacker in place with foil covering the One-Touch vents and a 3/16" steel disc replacing the aluminum pizza pan as the heat sink.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
Re: Guru'd Kettle?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:15:54 AM »
I have not but here is a video of the adaptor for a BBQ Guru on a Weber OTG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVb1Veh2lTk

The same guy has some vids of the BBQ Guru on a weber smokey mtn.

I have a BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 and love it.
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:25:33 AM »
I am pretty sure Troy has one on his red Bandit setup. I like the sears economy ash pans on smokers. Good idea.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »
I have the guru on my cajun bandit. I used the bulkhead adapter. Drilling wasn't too bad. My biggest complaint is reviving the fan from the adapter after use. sometimes it's a major pain to remove.

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 06:09:13 PM »
My biggest complaint is reviving the fan from the adapter after use. sometimes it's a major pain to remove.

I put a light coating of olive oil on the o-ring on the fan before I install it in the adaptor. Works good for me.
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 06:11:24 PM »
I have the guru on my cajun bandit. I used the bulkhead adapter. Drilling wasn't too bad. My biggest complaint is reviving the fan from the adapter after use. sometimes it's a major pain to remove.
Can we see a closeup of yopur setup Troy?

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 08:26:09 AM »
My biggest complaint is reviving the fan from the adapter after use. sometimes it's a major pain to remove.

I put a light coating of olive oil on the o-ring on the fan before I install it in the adaptor. Works good for me.

good idea, i have some grapeseed oil in the garage already, i'll definitely lube the o-ring next time i use it.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 08:26:45 AM »
Can we see a closeup of yopur setup Troy?

sure. i have to snap some pictures of the ash pan on the 26er, i'll do both at the same time.