Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Checking for new replies to threads you've posted in.  (Read 2089 times)

davethepom

• Smokey Joe
Checking for new replies to threads you've posted in.
« on: April 28, 2014, 10:45:25 PM »
Hey guys,

One of the 2 other forums I'm active on has a tab that comes up when you log on.  There's 'Show new replies to your posts.'  and 'Show unread posts since last visit.'  The former only shows active threads that you've posted in, and the latter one will show all the new posts across all areas.  It makes it very easy and quick to get to where you left off, even if you can't remember where that was due to too many beers (that never happens to me of course! :)).

I realise I can click on me and then 'Show posts.', but can't tell whether there are any fresh replies to those specific posts from there.  Please let me know if I'm missing something, or could something similar be put on here please?

I enjoy the forum and love my Redhead!

Cheers,

Dave.

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Checking for new replies to threads you've posted in.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 08:33:41 AM »
That would be a very useful feature. At present I track threads I post in by getting email. Google lets me segregate those emails separately so they do not clog my in box.

I wonder which would be less load on the server - email for subscribed threads or a subscribed thread list (assuming this forum S/W even supports a subscribed page list.)

Either way, I hate making a post, having someone ask a question and overlooking it. That's just plain rude!
kettles, smokers...

davethepom

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 05:39:41 PM »
I'm glad I'm not Robinson Crusoe, so to speak.  It makes it much easier to keep track of a conversation / banter.  I don't like missing a reply or question either, but struggle for time to check everywhere I may post.  This, in turn, makes me post less frequently.

On the forum I spend a lot of time perusing (too much!  :)) I may have posts in 4 or 5 different threads and keep posting in them over several days.     

This is in no way a criticism btw, just a suggestion.

Cheers,

Dave.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 06:03:59 PM »
I like the idea of a new thread or new post link. I have used them on other forums and they are very handy. I actually get on WKC on tapatalk more than I do on my computer because it automatically has a link that allows you to see unread posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

davethepom

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »
Who would I contact regarding this as an option? 

Cheers,

Dave.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 11:19:37 PM »
Troy is the man!!! I think he may have some big changes happening to the site in the not to distant
future
Have you tried the 'Notify' option at the bottom of the thread?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

davethepom

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »
Cheers, Hogsy.  I'll try that.

Dave.