Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Official list of Weberitis symptoms  (Read 14656 times)

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
Re: Official list of Weberitis symptoms
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 07:06:30 PM »
Oh this is too funny!  Great list guys!

I love the smell of a evening cook...

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »
Whose ready for round 2?!?!?!

51. Lightningboldtz is a Kamado lover and you take every opportunity to call him out on it. You’re secretly a Kamado lover too but one hasn’t popped up on CL for “the right price.”

52. It's only you and your wife at home but you still want or actually own a ranch kettle.

53. You don't know if beercan chicken actually makes a difference but you still cook it anyway because it looks awesome and impresses your friends.

54. You're afraid to cook brisket so you just stick to smoking pork butts.

55. You live in a dry climate but insist on paying 3x more for SS fasteners on your restoration.

56. You bought a weed burner despite the fact that the last weed you burned was in college.

57. You've used a seatbelt to secure kettle parts during transport.

58. You've bought a dirty kettle on CL and dumped the ash near the sellers front yard hoping they won't notice.

59. You’re that creepy guy down the street with all the bbq’s in the yard.

60.  Your definition of charcoal shortage is more bags of charcoal than all your non-bbq friends go through in a year. Combined. You always regret not
buying more charcoal during the Memorial Day sale, even though your stack is taller and heavier (hopefully) than your wife.

61. You distinctly remember lighting your first ever charcoal chimney, and being dumbfounded at how well it worked. You love how the flames shoot out the top of a charcoal chimney at dusk. Once in a while you get mesmerized and forget to dump it.

62. You've tried to pass off new kettles as ones "you've had for a while" but get caught in the lie every time. Your wife keeps a secret tally of how many kettles you have and calls you out when your not expecting it. You look like an idiot when you haven't rehearsed your explanation.

63. You have parts and accessories that are only used for family picture day.

64. You have cleaning supplies that are dedicated to you kettles. Oven cleaner, 0000, mother's mag polish, etc. You've even waxed a kettle or at least thought about it.

65. You can define "Caddywhampus," "Puckerbutt," “Fatty,” and “Boobie” and they don’t embarrass you.

66. You email seller's on CL to correct them. ie. that's actually a 18.5" not a 22.5" or to let them know it’s not a Weber

67. You complain about your kettle’s wobbly legs but you've never moved your kettle in years.

68. You've contacted CL sellers selling happy cookers to ask if the the ash pan is inside.

69. There are greasy lid-ring marks on the carpet in your living room.

70. You've had a kettle in your bathtub.

71. Your kettle top vent and legs are shinier than your wedding ring.

72. You have kettles in your garage that you need a ladder to reach.

73. You secretly like black kettles.

74. You cover your kettles but leave your car exposed to the elements. You dread the thoughts of natural disasters like hail, tornado, and hurricanes while
your kettles are outside.

75. You've used the hood or trunk of a car as a bbq side table.

76. You tell people how easy it is to start a charcoal fire with a chimney and they have no idea what you are talking about.

77. You read old Weber catalogs from the 60s and 70's "just for fun"

78. You bite your tongue when a CL kettle seller explains to you how the one touch and vents work so that you don't tank the deal.

79. Contacting a seller about a grail or NIB kettle makes you feel like you did when you asked a girl out for the first time.

80. You have a poster of kettle vents. Yes, kettle vents.

81. You’ve cooked food directly on charcoal without a grate.

82. What a maroon. ‘Nuff said.

83. You have more WKC pm's than emails in your inbox

84. You get into friendly debates as to whether or not a kettle is chestnut coppertone or copper mist, grass green/uline green/avocado/ or sage, and grey or faded black. You’ve even used color enhancing software on your computer to prove your point.

85. First thing you look at on any MBH kettle that pops up on CL is how big the lid vent and bowl vent turn tabs are.

86. You don't like the dish ash catchers and wish they just stayed with the "J" cutout with the unrolled edge.

87. You have leftover lighter fluid in your garage even though you swear never to use it.

88. "How many grills do you have?" becomes a complicated question involving several minutes of thought.

89. You get funny looks from people when you tell them you’ve baked, fried, steamed or made desserts on a kettle.

90. "But it was free" - "I don't care, we don't need it" is a familiar conversation

91. Your friends joke around that all you post on Facebook is stuff that's grilling related.  They find it annoying but they love your bbq anyway

92. You plan a "period '50s,'60s,'70s, or '80s cookout" complete with full dress and period correct tools and grates.

93. You’ve driven to every Ace hardware in a 20 mile radius just to see what Weber products they have that the others do not. Bonus points if you check each stores fastener aisle for hubcaps.

94. You cringe anytime you see someone cooking hamburgers press down on them with a spatula.

95. You check out the BBQ sauce aisle at the grocery store every time but we all know the good stuff is ordered online or made at home.

96. You refer to MTH kettles as "Wood Dale's"

97. You hoard old parts like, flat ashpans, metal wheels, non flip grates, and 7409’s. Don’t lie, you know what a 7409 is.

98.  You have a 400 mile search radius for grills in your Craigslist, and have agents ready to go at a moment's notice.

99. Every mark on your kettle has a story. For example “This crazing was here when I got it but I made the seller knock off a few bucks for it.” You check your lid for dents and scratches before you check your arm that you your burnt, which caused you to drop said lid in the first place. 

100. You can tell at least what decade a kettle is from just from a glance.

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 07:20:11 PM »
51. Lightningboldtz is a Kamado lover and you take every opportunity to call him out on it. You’re secretly a Kamado lover too but one hasn’t popped up on CL for “the right price.”

Ummmm......Guilty..... I was into Kamado restorations before I found out that Weber had stopped making Redheads!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2014, 11:18:32 AM »
101. You stalk kettles with Google earth!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2014, 11:21:10 AM »

I been there too, Ron!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 01:13:08 PM »
 102.  You continually pull up this thread:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/18-5-lime-or-avacado-valpo-ind/

At Weber Kettle Club, every time you see the term Google Earth.............RON..... 8)

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 01:34:46 PM »
When a home owner asks you " how do you know I have a red weber in my back yard ? " and your able to explain that without feeling creepy , you have weberitis
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Craig

• WKC Mod
Official list of Weberitis symptoms
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2014, 09:41:03 PM »
You have a huge poster of George Stephen in your garage and it's bigger than your SI swimsuit issue girls calendar next to it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:57:10 PM by Craig »

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 10:00:02 PM »
You have a huge poster of George Stephen in your garage and it's bigger than your SI swimsuit issue girls calendar next to it.
Does a cardboard cutout count?

Craig

• WKC Mod
Official list of Weberitis symptoms
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 10:01:09 PM »
Yes

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2014, 10:04:20 PM »
Figures

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2014, 01:22:25 PM »
When you justify having 20 or more cookers by calling it doomsday prepping

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2014, 06:07:49 PM »
Your kids automatically take a left when they walk into the Home Depot, because you always walk down the grill/charcoal aisle first, although you never buy anything from it. 

You get a little anxious every day that you don't use a grill to cook. 

The question is not 'what will I make for dinner?', but 'which grill should I start first?'.

You always respond to the kind offer of CL sellers with, "No thanks, I can get it in the car myself."

You always respond to the follow-up question with, "Yes, I'm sure that it will fit."
One of the charcoal people.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2014, 06:16:57 PM »

"You always respond to the kind offer of CL sellers with, "No thanks, I can get it in the car myself." "

this one wins the prize, yep!!!!!

""Yes, I'm sure that it will fit.""

....or "I got it !!!"
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 05:47:05 AM »
Your friends aren't surprised when you say things like, "I would love to give you a ride, but first I need to find a place to stash 6 bags of charcoal."

You don't buy the smoked turkey leg from the guy at the county fair, but you are seriously tempted to ask him if you can buy a bag of his lump charcoal because you have never seen that before.
One of the charcoal people.