Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The newest member of the stable  (Read 4768 times)

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
Re: The newest member of the stable
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 06:09:59 AM »

this is pic of the 2 different wheels, one is without the holes for the white ring and the other is with the holes for the white ring.
same wheel just the holes are not punched out. By no means am I saying this is gospel, you guys know a WHOLE lot more than I do !!!!!
This is just what Weber sent me to replace the black wall wheels on my Bar B Kettle.

By the way, thank you all for the compliments and all the cool things that All of you guys do!!

Ken
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:16:20 AM by Ken Mc »
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »
Interesting....I never saw these before.  As far as all the ones on CL I figured the white part just rotted and fell out...The old plastic on the wheels seems really bad.  Its like when plastic started being used on everything they didn't think to UV stabilize it so it seems to rot really bad out in the sun. 

Didn't someone here have a whole wheel thread? I need to go back and look through that.  Who was it Husker?  Who had all that wheel info,?

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 09:10:05 AM »
Even with plaatic, there are numerous variations.. The plain black don't do it for me, but you could always customize them by outlining the letters with a little paint.
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 12:30:49 PM »
Interesting....I never saw these before.  As far as all the ones on CL I figured the white part just rotted and fell out...The old plastic on the wheels seems really bad Its like when plastic started being used on everything they didn't think to UV stabilize it so it seems to rot really bad out in the sun.    Didn't someone here have a whole wheel thread? I need to go back and look through that.  Who was it Husker?  Who had all that wheel info,?

Brian

Or when one runs over lit coals when moving the kettle around..... :'(

That thing is gorgeous !!
Nice spit shine... :)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 09:30:06 AM »
I dont know how I missed this thread, but that is a nice Warrior! Looks brand new!   :D

Craig

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 11:41:41 AM »
Yeah that warrior looks awesome!!!
Did the ash catcher come like that or did you restore it?
It's shining like the top of the Chrysler building :)
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »
I agree super nice!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »
Maybe the plain black wheels were the more ecomonic (cheaper) version.  Wasn't the Bar-B-kettle a opening price point option, then you moved up in price and features from there.  I understand that the kettles had already came with the white walls, but maybe Weber replaced the white wall with the plain black along the way.  Maybe to keep the cost of the grill down.  But then for the higher price point grills they kept the white walls.  I know I have some catalogs from the 80's and 90's that I can check on this.

Oh, and very nice shine on that classic kettle.   

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 12:12:21 PM »
The compact model that weber sells in our version of Walmart
Comes with those wheels and instead of the one touch cleaning system comes with this single vent in the base of the bowl
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 05:02:40 PM »
Actually, Ken. The whitewall wheels with daisy wheel kettles/metal bowl handles would be "period correct" if your wanting to make it look like it did when it was new.  I think they went all black when the daisy kettles were renamed Bar-B-Kettles in the early/mid 80s when the One Touch came out and it became the "premium" model and it got the whitewalls. I agree with Jeff, I like the look of the white wall wheels, regardless or era. This is a cherry looking brownie!  8)

Craig