Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork shoulder country style ribs  (Read 5959 times)

jimmy_dong

• WKC Brave
Re: Pork shoulder country style ribs
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »
brush off the saucing at the table. Its a childhood habit in the form of ketchup. Most people wouldnt know bbq without the sauce.

chain bbq jurnts, and people that use lighter fluid are the biggest offenders.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pork shoulder country style ribs
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »

350 at the lid thermo. Screw it--I'm feeling a good vibe here and the meat has foil on the bottom, so I'll let the smoke and cook sink in a while. I have a history of undercooking everything, so let's see what happens after another 30 minutes like this. Of course I'll check it before then but don't want to lift the lid for a good while yet.

Lid vent is on opposite side from heat, so hopefully I'm getting heat transfer over the meats ...

I FORGOT THE BEST PART.

When I'd come outside to adjust charcoal holders, add smoke wood, put grill on etc. --- it was smoking already and as I approached the grill, saw the lid POP UP (it lifted off the kettle) once. OK ... gas now needs turning off, I said to myself ...

5:50, pork probably a bit dry up top. Spritzed it with lemon juice and the rest of a bottle of strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing (barely anything left).

Lid temp down to below 250; it's dropping due to my intake near-closure. Fine by me. Even if this is $15 worth of ruined meat and hungry people I'll now have a better sense of how to set it up for next time. (I think.)

I'd rotated / moved the corn last time and let it be this time. I was originally thinking 6pm would be done but am leaving it all on grill. Next stop, Weber thermometer to test meat temps.

Ah, no pix, sorry. Everyone ate everything so quickly and we were doing other things ...

Everything OK, with compliments all around. Then again, some put Pick-A-Peppa or BBQ sauce on them at the table?? Habits are interesting. But the smoke flavor came through well and wasn't overpowering --- hey! this was officially my first smoke!!

But yeah, all were tender and moist, the larger pieces more so of course. Corn turned out well---in my experience it's typically very forgiving. With each cook I hope to absorb a tiny bit more of something I retain for next time.

I just love your live update style !!!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"