Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: To Sauce Or Not To Sauce  (Read 4099 times)

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
Re: To Sauce Or Not To Sauce
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 03:16:14 PM »

Fresh Satsuma plums, mushed up & de-pitted/ skinned, small bit of clove, cinnamon & kiwi/citrus vinegar added, sauced 1/2 way thru, on top of just gran. garlic rub to start..........

Ron's In the House rub, no sauce, spritz w/ AJ /cider vinrgar...............

Heavy plum smoke...

Dood !
You are peggin' my Yum Meter !

That pupper is going to need recalibration !

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »
I use the 3-2-1 method. When I'm cooking for my family (everybody want sauce) I sauce em a couple of times during the last hour when they are tightening up it gives a nice amber finish. When I'm cooking for a crowd I don't sauce em, I serve it on the side usually a couple of different types one spicy one not.

This is a good way to go about it......that way numerous different tastes can be satisfied at once......... 8)

The wife's not big on 'smoked' so 'grilled ribs' are done from time to time............

Gran. garlic & I think some kind of rub she came back from Texas/ Oklahoma with......

Big Ron's sauce at the end..............

there's some not sauced at the end of one rack for the dawgs.......keep everybody happy.......... ;D

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 04:11:38 PM »
No sauce for me. A good rib is made from the rub and smoke not sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 07:33:25 PM »
Texas style is no sauce. Typically mesquite or pecan smoked on a stick burning pit.

Do what you like to do. I have had bbq in South Carolina, Memphis, and Texas. I'm not to big a fan of vinegary bbq sauces. ...or mustard base sauces. So I guess I prefer Texas style, but I haven't done a cook or recipe the same yet. I have been tweeking and modding rubs, sauces, and heat to match my available time and my own flavor profile.

I have been experimenting with wet ribs lately. Sweet baby rays ($1.19 at Aldi grocery), chopped garlic, 3 drops of Dave's ghost pepper sauce, thinned with Apple juice.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:39:31 PM by MINIgrillin »
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 09:00:39 PM »
I will add another vote for no sauce, or sauce on the side. If you do your rub and smoke right, no one will be asking for any sauce... Just moans and whispered thanks.  But srsly do them exactly how you like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the charcoal people.