Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BBQMedic inspired me to try OMS chicken lollipops  (Read 1263 times)

Aspiring Pitmaster

• Smokey Joe
BBQMedic inspired me to try OMS chicken lollipops
« on: April 17, 2014, 08:46:30 PM »
Saw BBQMedic's pics of some really cool chicken lollipops yesterday, which reminded me that I had never tried them. A friend is doing a crawfish boil on Easter Sunday, and I'm bringing some BBQ, so I wanted to test the chicken lollipops in advance, thinking they might have a nice Wow factor.

Prepped them at lunchtime and got them on a wire rack in the fridge to dry out during the afternoon.

Cooked at 360 indirect for about an hour. Sauced a couple of times right at the end.

It was fun, and they looked cool, but I prefer the OMS wings over my drumsticks so don't think these are going to make it on my menu for Sunday.

I also got good news today in the form of an email indicating that my new ATC unit shipped today (CyberQ Wifi). Looking forward to playing with that!

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: BBQMedic inspired me to try OMS chicken lollipops
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »
I tried some lollipops the other day also. I wouldn't wanna prep too many of those. What a pain to get thru the tendons. I'm sure I will try it again. They were pretty good
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

BBQmedic

• WKC Brave
Re: BBQMedic inspired me to try OMS chicken lollipops
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 08:15:40 AM »
Looks great! I really want to try that sauce :-)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk