Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked Pork Chili Verde  (Read 1160 times)

gunner

• WKC Brave
Smoked Pork Chili Verde
« on: March 02, 2014, 12:01:12 PM »
I had a bunch of leftover smoked pulled pork in the freezer, which I am sure most of you guys do, and made a batch of pork chili verde with the leftovers. It is super good and freezes well, so I thought I would share.

First crack a beer

Slice up an onion, 5-6 tomatillo's, and 4-5 Jalapeno's and put them on a cookie sheet. Drizzle some canola oil on them and salt and pepper them up. Turn your broiler on and throw them in the oven for about 10 minutes or so, just until everything is soft.

I took a poblano and roasted it on the stove, threw it in a plastic bag, then peeled off the skin

I took a couple dried chili's (pasilla I think), and reconstituted <-- (is that a word?) them in boiling water.

Threw everything into a blender along with a handful of fresh cilantro, minced garlic, 1 1/2 tablespoons of cumin, 2 teaspoons of coriander, 1 teaspoon of mexican oregano, 1 teaspoon of white sugar, 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar, squeezed one lime, 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper, 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder and added chicken stock and blended until it was thinned out pretty good. I did add salt but didn't measure, just add to taste.

Dumped the blended goodness in a soup pot and brought it up to a boil then simmered for 20 minutes or so.

Dumped in the frozen pulled pork and simmered for another 20 minutes

And there you have it...smoked pork chili verde! Serve on top of rice or by itself with a couple tortilla's, some sour cream, chopped onion, cilantro, and avocado.....and a beer  ;D . The great thing is you can freeze the leftovers and stretch a couple meals out of it. It was so good!

edhead35

• WKC Ranger
Re: Smoked Pork Chili Verde
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »
Awesome. Yes reconstitute is the right word.
:-)

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Smoked Pork Chili Verde
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 06:28:48 AM »
Now that's killer Gunner! You did a great job, now this is a must try for me.