Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Found a Jumbo Joe and 7445 portable table  (Read 906 times)

smchrist

• Smokey Joe
Found a Jumbo Joe and 7445 portable table
« on: July 27, 2022, 03:53:05 AM »
Facebook Marketplace served me well yesterday as I found this package deal 90 miles from my house.  Was interesting to learn the table legs detach and stow, rather than fold inward.  The Joe needs some TLC -- lid dent removal, handle straightening, lower grate, ash tray, and a wing nut or two.  I didn't see a letter code on the lid vent to determine the age.

The Jumbo will get occasional use for tailgating and picnics.  Any travel tips would be appreciated.  Curious if I can use a full small charcoal chimney with briquettes, or do I need a little more fuel?
Shawn Christ

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Found a Jumbo Joe and 7445 portable table
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 04:14:05 AM »
grate score, I think depending on what your cook setup will be, a compact chimney may not be enough for a full charcoal grate of coals.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 05:22:48 AM »
Nice find!  Been looking for a table like that for some time.  I don't use my JJ a lot, but a compact chimney is perfect for me to cover about half to 3/4 of the grate and leave a cool zone which I appreciate having.

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 01:50:30 PM »
My Jumbo Joe gets a lot of use. It's perfect for two NY Strips. Or two smaller Rib Eye steaks.

For me and the wife, it's our go to grill. If cooking for more than two, the 22" Kettle is the ticket!

Being smaller, clean up is less effort!
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 06:16:39 PM »
I found the same setup earlier this year, the Joe was gross and the table needed some tlc but are now in good serviceable condition. That combo is about as fun as it gets for me, and I’m not worried about every little scratch since the pair were already used. You can use the Weber or SnS basket, both work but the SnS gives you a 50/50 split for two-zone cooking.
The Jumbo cleans up easily with the hose, a plastic bristle dish brush and some dawn dish soap.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 06:18:20 PM by stillgriller »
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 01:52:23 PM »
I want the table, I use the small chimney and one basket which is more than enough for 98% of cooks.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app