Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Let's see your charcoal stash .... calling all hoarders  (Read 631 times)

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Let's see your charcoal stash .... calling all hoarders
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2021, 01:12:23 PM »
No stash for me, but I keep a few of this and that so I'm never out.  I've not found any B&B orange bag briquettes in a while and have been looking.  Currently rationing what I have of that for our beach trip.  Best regular price I've found on B&B lump is Academy Sports here at $12.99/20lb bag.  I almost got some Kingsford at Costco the other day but didn't want to mess with it just yet.... It burns SO fast.  Oh and another thing - I tried Jealous Devil large briquettes this past weekend and I cannot recommend it.  I was pouring out a chimney of lit coals and they basically disintegrated, some of them going to the deck.  Luckily I had the water hose on and nearby.  I tried lighting the rest of it last night in the grill and when spreading them out they did the same thing.  Maybe I got a bad batch, but I'm not risking that again.

Ace Is The Place With The Helpful Hardware Man...B&B briquettes in stock.

Has been my go to all year....not in stock in my area and not available for order.

Dang! It is here in the local Ace.
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: Let's see your charcoal stash .... calling all hoarders
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2021, 05:11:46 AM »
I just checked my remaining inventory and I have about 300lbs of various lump and 85 lbs of thaan left, plus whatever’s in the charcoal bins of my SSPs.

I really like your industrial shelving for kettle and coal storage. Very clean and professional looking.

Does Thaan charcoal burn similar to B&B char logs? 

I try to buy a little in bulk when I can hit 25 cents a pound and I am running low.  However if I find it on clearance for signicantly cheaper I will clear a store out. I think I still have 15 or so bags.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I'll clear out the clearance rack at HD, Lowes and Target too. It's been years since I've paid retail for charcoal.

I’m almost embarrassed to say I’m down to an open 20 lb bag of coal.  Time to stock up!

I think the most I’ve ever had is about 200 lbs.  I don’t have the storage space.  I use 80-100 lbs a month in the summer. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use about 60-80 pounds a month and grill year around in Florida.
Cheers