Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: PSB help  (Read 661 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
PSB help
« on: February 23, 2019, 08:12:24 PM »
I made PSB today to bring to a dinner tomorrow. Everything looks tasty except I rendered too much of the liquid and no there is hardly any left. My concern is that without it the beef will be too dry. The plan was to warm it up in a slow cooker. I'm thinking of using beef broth to help keep things from being too dry. Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: PSB help
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 08:22:12 AM »
I made PSB today to bring to a dinner tomorrow. Everything looks tasty except I rendered too much of the liquid and no there is hardly any left. My concern is that without it the beef will be too dry. The plan was to warm it up in a slow cooker. I'm thinking of using beef broth to help keep things from being too dry. Thoughts?

In looking what what is at the bottom of your pan in the last picture, you should be fine. Whether or not that liquid soaked backed into the meat,    don't sweat it.  It will taste great either way.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 08:34:18 AM »
If in doubt add liquid.  Tender and juicy trumps all else imo. Water would work too. Just taste it along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 10:26:59 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I had reduced the liquid down to way less than what is in the last picture. By the time everything was cooled down and the meat shredded there was maybe a cup or two of liquid left. After reheating it there ended up being plenty enough juice for sandwiches au jus! No need to add any liquid, and the meat was very tender and juicy. Phew! I guess the meat soaked a lot of it up and then released it again when it warmed up?

4 adults ate 5# of meat lol I've made this one before and my wife said both times it's her favorite thing I've made so far. Win!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 10:21:07 PM »
Four adults ate five pounds of meat. And it's your wife's favorite meal.

Yes, you won. Great PSB.