Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The birthday cook pork/pizza real time cook  (Read 2447 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
The birthday cook pork/pizza real time cook
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »
Mike your too kind!
It's a lot of trial and error. I don't post what I mess up much. We were doing his party on a budget. I bought a 50lb bag of flour for $15. I've been working on the pound of yeast all summer from Costco which is $5. So I baked what I could. It's pretty fun to have almost everything served cooked on a grill, blows the guests away. Normal people think a grill is for hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken. I just think of something and look for a recipe. One touch platinum got me thinking that way. I never really got into baking, I was more scared of it then anything. But because it's a semi strict way of cooking, the results are fairly as expected. As long as your fire is burning clean no one knows it was grilled. If your looking to try something different on a grill baking is a cool thing to look into.
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
The birthday cook pork/pizza real time cook
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 09:48:31 PM »
Here's a couple of pics of a pie I cooked tonight. Same setup and dough but different day.

Not the most round or perfect looking pizza but it's damn good!
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: The birthday cook pork/pizza real time cook
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 07:18:49 PM »
Looking good buddy. I like that your pizza and steak are the same shape 8)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 04:52:47 AM »
Mike your too kind!
It's a lot of trial and error. I don't post what I mess up much. We were doing his party on a budget. I bought a 50lb bag of flour for $15. I've been working on the pound of yeast all summer from Costco which is $5. So I baked what I could. It's pretty fun to have almost everything served cooked on a grill, blows the guests away. Normal people think a grill is for hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken. I just think of something and look for a recipe. One touch platinum got me thinking that way. I never really got into baking, I was more scared of it then anything. But because it's a semi strict way of cooking, the results are fairly as expected. As long as your fire is burning clean no one knows it was grilled. If your looking to try something different on a grill baking is a cool thing to look into.

Great, great stuff....all the way !!!!

.....and thanks for that................................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OT Platinum's done that same thing for me.....step out there & try some different things....baking may be easier than I thought !!!
Haven't done a lot of it just yet, but it's a great way to "kettlethink"

Speaking of that, OT Platinum's been kinda quiet lately....hope all's OK.... ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »
AWESOME thread, Smoke!! Very impressive!! We definetely need to try baking in the kettle.
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child