Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Yet Another Drop Off  (Read 1224 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Yet Another Drop Off
« on: August 20, 2018, 09:44:41 AM »
Okay... here we go again.....

Neighbor texts Mrs. Grill fella.  "Tell your husband to come get this Weber or I am putting it at the Curb"  SO.... I go and investigate.

2006 Genesis Silver 3 burner, with one flip up table.  Good bones I thought to myself.... 
Cons:
Bad Flavorizer bars
Rusty Grates
Full of Cooties
Igniter does not work

PROS:
Parts... I got parts.. Bars and Grates
Igniter wire was not plugged in.

Cleaned it out, put in the spare SS Bars (From my Blue Genny) and grates.  Plugged the wire in. Hit the igniter, yup... we have spark.  Hooked a  Tank, Burner one on... Hit the button... Whoosh!  Burner 2 Whoosh.. Burner 3 Whoosh...  All pretty blue flames with 1/4 inch orange tips.  Ran her up to 500F, backed it down to 350 for 30 minutes and held quite well.

That makes 42 Weber's, 13 of which are lookers, 2 Weathered warriors, 3 in storage and the rest are my go to cookers.  Yes.. they all get a turn at some point.

I don't think I have weberitis... I KNOW I have it... bad....

Grill on fellas.. Grill On!!

Jeff

This is the 3rd one dropped off at my house and with a little elbow Grease and minimal $, the webers live on...
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

db130

• Smokey Joe
Re: Yet Another Drop Off
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:10:20 AM »
Jeff, are you sure it's a 2006?  I thought the last Silver was 2005 (with the cabinet doors).
Copper Premium, 2009 22", 2008 18", 1999 Black SSP

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:41:21 AM »
Pickin up the original paperwork from the Neighbor tonight..  Will confirm.  He said he THOUGHT it was 2006 when he got it.  I can pull the cover off of the side panel too...

It may be a 2005 leftover.... Hmmmm....

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 01:45:47 PM »
DO code  2005... 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app