Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rainy Day Brisket  (Read 712 times)

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
Rainy Day Brisket
« on: July 22, 2018, 04:50:15 PM »
We had heavy downpours in central Virginia throughout the day yesterday. I had a 14lb prime Costco brisket trimmed and seasoned waiting for a break on the weather.  The forecast showed intermittent rain throughout the evening but I caught a break around 4:00pm.

Certainly not the best time to start a long cook but I figured if I had time to get the grill fired before the next band of rain then why not.

This was my 4th brisket to date and the 1st on my 26."  Packers in that range were a tight squeeze on the 22" but I had plenty of space on the larger setup.

Temps stayed a consistent 300F with ease. I foiled the meat at 6 hours (170F) with a can of hard cider to compliment the apple chunk I was using.

It finally hit 207F on the flat at 2:00am and I wrapped the brisket in a beach towel and popped it in a cooler so we both could rest.

Sliced it up for a little brisket and eggs in the morning.

Overall I was happy with the results. It was very tender but I think I could have gone another hour or so to render some more of the fat. The prime cut was heavily marbled.

Also, the bark was developing nicely before I wrapped. Was a little soggy when I unfoiled. It Probably would have been better to through it back on the grill to crust up after taking it out of the foil.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: Rainy Day Brisket
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 05:03:36 PM »
Oh man, that looks really good

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »
Grate job!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 05:15:42 PM »
Thanks gents!

Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 05:47:11 PM »
Very nice cook! Nice looking bark i love me some Brisket!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app