Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Daisy wheels history  (Read 1633 times)

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Daisy wheels history
« on: April 15, 2018, 06:35:33 PM »
Probably a quick question, so I kinda hate to start a new thread, but oh well.

The age guide says the one touch system debuted on the premium kettles in 1983, but weren’t standard on all kettles until 2000.

I think I know the answer, but I guess I just need it confirmed from someone who knows for sure, but I’m assuming daisy wheels existed up til 1999? In my head, the daisy wheel was always for older kettles so having them as recent as the 90s sounds odd to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Daisy wheels history
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:59:43 PM »
Probably a quick question, so I kinda hate to start a new thread, but oh well.

The age guide says the one touch system debuted on the premium kettles in 1983, but weren’t standard on all kettles until 2000.

I think I know the answer, but I guess I just need it confirmed from someone who knows for sure, but I’m assuming daisy wheels existed up til 1999? In my head, the daisy wheel was always for older kettles so having them as recent as the 90s sounds odd to me.

My EE 1999 Jack Daniel's was a 3 wheeler until i swapped out the bowl for a one touch and made it a gold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 07:18:11 PM »
Yes...though oddly enough you don’t see them pop up too much, but there were daisy wheels through the late 90’s.

My first kettle was a hand-me-down 1997 Black 22” my father-in-law purchased new and it had daisy wheels (and it wasn’t a Bar-b kettle).

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 03:41:42 AM »
Thanks for sharing. There is a 10 month old ad in NW Pennsylvania with what looks like a 90s three wheeler with a racer triangle. It is in great condition.
https://offerup.com/item/detail/289809784/?ref=Search

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Daisy wheels history
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 04:11:39 AM »
Not to mess with your head even more but..
Here in Europe we can still walk into a store and pick up a new 2018 Bar-B-Kettle Daisy wheel grill.
It’s the first step UP from the compact grills before you move up to the One-Touch.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:14:34 AM by vwengguy »

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 04:23:22 AM »
Not to mess with your head even more but..
Here in Europe we can still walk into a store and pick up a new 2018 Bar-B-Kettle Daisy wheel grill.
It’s the first step UP from the compact grills before you move up to the One-Touch
LOL I learn something new everyday!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 05:22:00 AM »
Holy shit! Daisy wheels and a taco lid. Dogs and cats, living together. Don't cross the streams!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaLZHiJJnE

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch