Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Community Chicken  (Read 2803 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Community Chicken
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 04:27:04 AM »
Mae Ploy is the best sweet and sour sauce, hands down. It's a little mild and very sweet to be a marinade, so I would use it as a glaze or dipping sauce instead.

First bottle but I liked it. Something I stumbled upon before we moved and I'm glad I brought it with. I'll take your suggestion, and my first use was on wings, and there it was indeed more like a glaze since I buy the frozen wing sections and cook them while still frozen. Only towards the end do I slather them with something and it usually is great and super easy to do.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 04:30:30 AM »

Thanks for the reply! The corn in the basement sounds like an idea! I'll try that whenever corn starts showing up

Should be soon. I was in Was-Mart 2 days ago and saw them. Not sure where they'd come from this early in the year though.

I'd not do them super long down there. Remember the foil will accelerate the heat. Have another grill or place where you can remove the cook grate for a minute to check on them.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 05:20:09 AM »
With cooking fresh corn on the kettle, I leave the husks on, removing the "hair" first. I cook it 2 ways:

1. Indirect, no foil. Yummo, stays moist.
2. Indirect, foiled with pads of butter under the husks. You don't get the smoke, butt it is DAMN good.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 06:19:15 AM »
With cooking fresh corn on the kettle, I leave the husks on, removing the "hair" first. I cook it 2 ways:

1. Indirect, no foil. Yummo, stays moist.
2. Indirect, foiled with pads of butter under the husks. You don't get the smoke, butt it is DAMN good.
About how long does it take to cook and how hot is the grill?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 07:44:37 AM »
My grill is usually 300-325 or so. Cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping often.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.