Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dads first roti cook  (Read 1901 times)

kemmons

• WKC Brave
Dads first roti cook
« on: November 23, 2017, 07:04:29 AM »
So. Haven't posted in quite some time due to work deadlines and such but I've been lurking!  That being said,  today after helping me on multiple holiday cooks my old man has taken the helm.  He's got his new copper and brand new onlyfire roti.  It's cool to see how excited he is, he loves this set up. 
I'll update as the cook progresses

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:51:25 AM by kemmons »

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Dads first roti cook
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 07:57:06 AM »
Cool. Is that the original OnlyFire ring?
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 08:10:30 AM »
I am excited for him.  Go, dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kemmons

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:31:48 AM »

I don't think so, I just ordered it this week. 

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »

Amazon still sells both on their web site and the older model pops up before the newer model on a search.

Older model:
https://www.amazon.com/Onlyfire-Stainless-Charcoal-Rotisserie-Masterbuilt/dp/B016VS9QPY

Newer model:
https://www.amazon.com/Onlyfire-Universal-Stainless-Charcoal-Rotisserie/dp/B01H19QSOY

They are also selling both versions in black too so that's like 4 different versions of the roti from the same company.

kemmons

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 09:33:38 AM »

Amazon still sells both on their web site and the older model pops up before the newer model on a search.

Older model:
https://www.amazon.com/Onlyfire-Stainless-Charcoal-Rotisserie-Masterbuilt/dp/B016VS9QPY

Newer model:
https://www.amazon.com/Onlyfire-Universal-Stainless-Charcoal-Rotisserie/dp/B01H19QSOY

They are also selling both versions in black too so that's like 4 different versions of the roti from the same company.
i have the older model then.lid fits great but seems like it could benefit from a gasket around the bottom

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »
Either way, looks like dad's cook was awesome and it looks like the roti is working as it should.

I ordered the newer model a few months back and returned it with amazon prime. The lid fit very well but the fit down into the bowl was not very good. For me, both this brand (newer model) and the Weber branded one were wobbly in the bowl. Probably you are better off with the older design and a gasket. It is like the barrel diameter was undersized a little.  The lid fit was pretty good, and better than the Weber branded one which i also tried. With the older model, i think you will probably have a more stable fit due to the little hanger things that hang over the lip of the kettle's bowl. There's a guy out there with a BBQ channel on YouTube that profiled both the older ad newer model.

kemmons

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 02:55:59 AM »
Yeah the roti worked as intended but I'm definitely gonna put a gasket on it.  I'm curious as to the fit of the Cajun bandit 22 ring?  I have the CB for the 26 and it's tight as a drum. 

Important thing is he had a great time.  He's already got two chickens lined up for this week and I keep catching him getting sucked in to YouTube vids.  The roast turned out great

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 03:20:44 AM »
I have the Weber version... love it! As far as a gasket goes, trust me, you don't need it. I've been cooking on this thing for years without any problems. Save your time and energy and cook with it in its original design.

Looks like Dad nailed that roast! YUM!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 03:22:51 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 05:24:57 AM »
Very nice. Looks like he cooked that beef perfectly.

He's watching YouTube videos? I'd say he's hooked. Next thing ya know, he'll be doing all kinds of crazy stuff, like checking Craigslist for old kettles, and joining an online forum.

Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

kemmons

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »

Very nice. Looks like he cooked that beef perfectly.

He's watching YouTube videos? I'd say he's hooked. Next thing ya know, he'll be doing all kinds of crazy stuff, like checking Craigslist for old kettles, and joining an online forum.
he retires next month so I would not put it past him!

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 10:07:19 PM »
Go Dad! He rocked it. It really looks good.