Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Am I stupid???  (Read 1703 times)

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Am I stupid???
« on: November 06, 2017, 01:10:27 PM »
I’m grilling pasta. Why? Well I didn’t plan to do it this way! But my wife was cleaning the gas range (bless her heart) and the spark igniter started clicking non stop! I had to disconnect the power from the wall to stop it.

Well I was already grilling steaks to go in the pasta dish so I offered to grill/boil the pasta on the grill! Let’s see how it turns out. (And pray I don’t ruin the pot!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Re: Am I stupid???
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 01:15:55 PM »
Pasta is cooked. Over cooked actually since the pot never boiled and it threw off my routine. But hey at least we’re eating tonight right?

Steaks and broccoli should be smooth sailing.

I don’t know what my wife has planned inside.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 01:20:23 PM »
Nice recovery!

I hope the range is an easy fix.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 01:32:25 PM »
If things went perfect you would know something was wrong . Hey the point is you did it . And I’m sure it will work out just fine .

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 01:53:48 PM »
It was a grilled broccoli and steak pasta salad. It was pretty tasty.

And get this - my two year daughter kept asking for broccoli! She preferred it over the steak! I think if more kids were raised on grilled broccoli, they wouldn’t have such a bad rap.

I think the range is just slightly wet from being cleaned. I’m letting it dry out and hopefully it fixes itself.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 02:56:21 PM »
Looks tasty.

My kids grew up with broccoli and now they'll select in in restaurants for the side dish.

Not sure how or why ... we tried various veggies, usually frozen, and I think frozen broccoli florets work as well as fresh broccoli does, maybe that's why. I usually steam them inside on the stove to save time/effort/success, but every once in a while, when I'm able to baby sit and STIR them on a grill like that, I will, and the extra smokes is special.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 11:28:57 AM »
Hey, heat source is heat source... channel it the best you can. Meal looks GREAT... I'd say you nailed it bro! No stupidity that I can detect!!  8)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:31:12 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »
Thank you everyone! My range works today, so drying it out seemed to work! Whew!

Growing up, I had steamed, frozen broccoli and the texture was unappealing. I think it squeaked against my teeth too much. I get the same way with frozen green beans. But I can’t stop eating grilled broccoli! Usually, we slice up a fresh floret in pretty big pieces (twice the size of the stuff in the pic) and put them directly on the grill. Then, a dab of Italian dressing to finish it off.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
Try throwing the cooked pasta on a hot grill pan till ya get some slightly crisped edges...Absolutely the best...

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 07:00:53 AM »
While growing up in the 70-80's, my mom cooked broccoli with every damn meal.... I got burned out...During my 20's I refused to eat it... now in my 40's, steamed broc and I made up and are now friends... steamed is the best way!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 07:17:33 AM »
@jdorn I agree steamed with a little butter and salt. 
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 02:34:52 PM »
To each their own I suppose! We had steamed broccoli tonight and my 2 year old daughter got so excited for “bocklee” that I didn’t have to beg her to sit down for dinner. However, she spit the steamed stuff right out of her mouth. I was kinda surprised.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 02:40:19 PM »
What, is this your first kid?? You're not actually trying to understand or rationalize what a 2 yr does, are you?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 06:41:36 PM »
Hahah she is my first, but I have a 6 month old daughter as well. It is just my personality to try and understand and rationalize with everything LOL including toddlers!

FWIW, the 2 yo makes more sense than the 6mo!!