Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Veal Breast Bone in - Any advice/recipes ?  (Read 860 times)

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
Veal Breast Bone in - Any advice/recipes ?
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:02:46 AM »
I  was browsing the meat department today and found a good deal on a piece of Veal Breast with bones.

I have no clue on how to cook it, but it appeared to me to have enough fat to support a smoking session ... but I am not an expert so maybe I am wrong ?

Did any one already cooked/smoked a this piece of meat ? Would it be better to cook/smoke it like it is or seperate the ribs and breast part and do veal ribs and an other recipe for the rest of the meat ? Any advice/recipes is more than welcome

Thx !

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
Re: Veal Breast Bone in - Any advice/recipes ?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 12:43:11 PM »
Seems like I did not pick up the most cooked piece of meat :)

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 01:26:41 PM »
To be honest, I had to Google it. But when I did, I found a lot of authoritative results, from souces like Bon Appetit, Food Network, NY Times, Epicurious and Williams-Sonoma. Maybe look at one of those and try to adapt it to the kettle. Keep us posted -- sounds like a really nice cut. And yes, I'd separate the ribs from the rest.
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 08:08:28 AM »
To be honest, I had to Google it. But when I did, I found a lot of authoritative results, from souces like Bon Appetit, Food Network, NY Times, Epicurious and Williams-Sonoma. Maybe look at one of those and try to adapt it to the kettle. Keep us posted -- sounds like a really nice cut. And yes, I'd separate the ribs from the rest.

Thx ! I had a look a those recipes. Most imply keeping the whole breast as it is (bone in) and stuff it with ingredients (sausage, mushroom ...) . I need to do more research to find a recipe adaptable to the kettle, and have all the ingredients ready. Cook postponed ...