Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bacon Wrapped Fatty  (Read 931 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Bacon Wrapped Fatty
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:44:35 AM »
I did this fatty a while back, thought y'all might like it.

The meat was a chub of Jimmy Dean, flattened in a ziplok bag, which I split the sides open to aid in rolling. I chopped up yellow, red, and orange bell peppers, scallions, carrot, celery, green beans, mushrooms and minced some fresh garlic. Grated up some Asiago and Colby Jack, and had a few slices of Provolone set aside. The veggies were sauteed in EVOO, adding some sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.  I also fried up a few slices of bacon nice and crisp and crumbled up, and into the innards of this concoction. Once it was all assembled, I wrapped it in plastic wrap, then set in the fridge to set up.

Got the smoker up to 325 and cooked until an IT of 165 in the meat portion.

Here's the ingredients installed:

The bacon weave:

All rolled up and ready:

Done and ready for a rest:

Rested and sliced:

Thanks for looking!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Bacon Wrapped Fatty
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:57:49 AM »
Grate looking, awesome ingredients, that is some pretty bacon any particular brand @hawgheaven
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 09:46:23 AM »
Grate looking, awesome ingredients, that is some pretty bacon any particular brand @hawgheaven

Thanx! I believe it was BJ's Wholesale Club brand. Dunno if you have one around you, butt any popular brand will do... Oscar Meyer comes to mind.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 10:12:13 AM »
Mmm that looks delicious! Grate color

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:09 AM »
Mmm that looks delicious! Grate color

Thanx! I know it had to be good, because the grand kids tore it up!  :)