Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is she worth Saving? Warning pic heavy  (Read 4970 times)

danpeikes

• Smokey Joe
    • Meat Your Vegetables
Re: Is she worth Saving? Warning pic heavy
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 05:56:18 AM »
Pretty sure mine is a Summit 650 NG.  Taking suggestions where to start.  This is going to be a big elephant to eat one bite at a time.  I want to start with a general cleaning I think.  Any advice on that?  Should get a pressure washer?  Some sort of rust remover or grease remover?
Looking for 22" or 26" kettles and 22" WSMs, NIB or like new in the Chicago area.
Also, looking for old Summit gas grill parts.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 09:15:44 AM »
One quick question, are you going to want a left side table?  Or are you fine with it missing?  Reason I ask is that the tubular steel U shaped frame is very difficult to find.   None of the regular parts suppliers have it.  Only way I know of to source it is to salvage from another grill.     That said, I believe the actual side table and condiment rack are still available from Weber and other sources.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

danpeikes

• Smokey Joe
    • Meat Your Vegetables
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 09:28:45 AM »
One quick question, are you going to want a left side table?  Or are you fine with it missing?  Reason I ask is that the tubular steel U shaped frame is very difficult to find.   None of the regular parts suppliers have it.  Only way I know of to source it is to salvage from another grill.     That said, I believe the actual side table and condiment rack are still available from Weber and other sources.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have the shelf and condiment holder.  I am trying to find the u support.  I might have it somewhere in the house, but meanwhile I am trying to find it elsewhere if at all possible.
Looking for 22" or 26" kettles and 22" WSMs, NIB or like new in the Chicago area.

danpeikes

• Smokey Joe
    • Meat Your Vegetables
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 05:43:54 PM »
Opened her up and I was very happy.  It looks like I just need new igniters/switches and crossover bars.  Very little rust on the box.  The rust on the flavorizers and the grates look like it is just on the surface and can be cleaned.  Will post pictures over the weekend.