Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork Burgers  (Read 888 times)

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
Pork Burgers
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:34:21 PM »
I don’t usually measure very close for this great treat as I don’t think you can screw it up. However, I did measure a little closer on this last batch so I could post my recipe. 

Ingredients:

2 pork butts ( The two I did yesterday weighed 15.85 pounds)
4 packages of dry Lipton Onion Soup
10 cloves of garlic
3 cups of finely chopped onion
4 TBL dried basil
3 TBL your favorite pork rub
2 TBL butcher cut black pepper or other black pepper
3/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce

First step is to cut the meat off of the bones into pieces that will fit your grinder.
Many stores that sell pork butts with do this for you to save you some work and the cost of a grinder. 

Next step is to run it thru your grinder.

Sprinkle the balance of the ingredients into the pan or bowl and with your hands, mix it up well to be sure the ingredients are well blended.

Cover the pan of pork and place it into the fridge for at least overnight to give it time for the flavors to meld into the treat.

I like to put it up into one pound packages for the freezer.

Get ready to throw rocks at all the burgers you have ever tasted as this burger is about as good as it gets. Cook only to about 160 degrees internal for the best results.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pork Burgers
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 02:00:08 PM »
I am liking this idea.  I have an old fashioned hand crank style grinder that might work.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 04:17:19 PM »
I've never tried a pork burger, but  love to grind my own fixins. Definitely giving your recipe a whirl. Thanks Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 07:14:47 AM »
This recipe looks great.  I'll definitely give it a try.   I recently found a asian style turker burger recipe that I really like.  Starting to like non beef burgers more than beef burgers.  Thanks for sharing!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!