Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Burger Throwdown- Ground chuck and ribeye burger with andouille sausage and sriracha aoli sauce  (Read 3231 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Well, we just got back in town today. We went floating down in Missouri and had no phone signal. Nice for a change. I had to catch up on the forum though and told my bride I needed to run into town so I could do this burger entry! My bride and I came up with the recipe. The 18" got the call tonight. Here ya go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:58:04 AM by Travis »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Holy heart attack on a bun, that looks amazing.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Holy hell that a big burger! Bet it was AWSOME! That something is make. Very nice.

WNC

• WKC Performer
Damn!
That's a fine a looking burger, and home ground too, major props!

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
Good thing you stabbed it. You could tell it was about to go berserk and hurt someone!

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
Holy Cow Travis! Very Creative. Why didn't you grind the andouille into the mix? What in the sauce? Grate Job!
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Holy Cow Travis! Very Creative. Why didn't you grind the andouille into the mix? What in the sauce? Grate Job!

Thanks Steve. The aoli is just a mayo base with sriracha and chipotle chili seasonings... to taste. I cut the sausage in half and split it lengthways and piled it like that for height. It gives the burger a good look and also remains its own flavor/texture. You could totally grind it in with everything else. That burger was amazing!

Thanks for the nice comments everyone and good luck to all of you!!

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
That looks phenomenal...lots of my favorite things all in one burger. 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Wow, nice. You must have the ability to unhinge your jaw.

G19

• WKC Brave
Man that burger is worthy of a Man Meets Food episode.  Reminds me of the Thurmanator when I visit Columbus Ohio. 

Mac

• Smokey Joe
Wow, there's nothing about your throw-down burger I don't like.  You combined three of my all time favorite ingredients:  sriracha, chipotle and andouille. 
SJS, 14 WSM, 22 OKP

SixZeroFour

Hell Yes! looking good!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Great to see more people grinding there own  ...  easier to control bad-bugs, no :)   Chuck & Andouille, that better be Remoulade Sauce on those Creole samiches ;D
SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Great to see more people grinding there own  ...  easier to control bad-bugs, no :)   Chuck & Andouille, that better be Remoulade Sauce on those Creole samiches ;D
SJ
Yes, we love to make our own burgers, sausages etc.. Especially getting the little ones involved. We ground a chuck and ribeye for this but not the andouille. It was split and stacked on the burger. The aoli is mayo base, sriracha seasoned with chipotle chili, to taste. It's all there and delicious!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:21:46 AM by Travis »