Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked sliced ham  (Read 1900 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Smoked sliced ham
« on: April 10, 2016, 11:22:48 AM »
Inspiration here, from Jeff Philips: http://www.smoking-meat.com/march-24-2016-double-smoked-spiral-sliced-ham

I didn't buy a spiral slice version. Only me and the kids will eat ham so I picked up a really small, pre-cooked one.

I used up the last of the local honey and Cowtown's "The Squeal" Hog Rub.

And my supply of small square pans is gone but it fit OK in the small Lodge skillet.

Finished pix in a few ...
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Smoked sliced ham
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 11:35:45 AM »
CANT WAIT to see results!!...and I love my lodge CI.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 11:47:47 AM »
My little Lodge L5SK3 is my favorite and most-used piece of CI. You can't cook a meal on it but it's insanely versatile.

I tossed in some mystery smoke wood chunks (partially used up) on one side and alder chips in the other basket and let 'er rip.

OK so not done yet but my basic setup used here is 1/2 of a chimney of used charcoal split into divided charcoal baskets. Intake is open to maybe 1/4 and top vent is open to about the same. This is being done on yer Standard Weber Cooking Apparatus (SWCA) in the widely-available 22.5" size.

Didn't set up for heating at the low, smoking target temp; I would have had to add charcoal later and well, I wasn't in the mood. So instead I let it start high and will just let it die. 325 at grate initially and now showing 250, so in the next hour it'll die to less than 200 being choked down (I think) and then we'll eat!

Incidentally, when the oven thermo showed 325 on the grate the lid thermo was 340 ... at low temps (200 -ish) the readings would be closer because of course the temp differential between "room temp" and "machine temp" becomes closer. Something to keep in mind (and take advantage of?) when smoking (for real) on these things.

juicy juicy

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 01:14:44 PM »
Looks good man. I love to use my black iron while grilling.
Love to see this all done on a swca! Lol

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 02:44:43 PM »
The LMSRD and LMSRC wanted in on the action too.

OMGblurredLOL

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 02:49:33 PM »
Nice looking cook ! That's how to do it.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 04:44:05 PM »
Love smoked ham.  It's so easy and soooo good!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson