Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle pizza  (Read 1260 times)

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
Kettle pizza
« on: July 04, 2015, 09:13:54 AM »
Had a quick lunch of two kettle pizzas before starting our Independence Day adventure. 

I tried something new this time, taking foil and wrapping a grill grate with foil to simulate a baking steel.

I used my one touch platinum for the first time I recently picked up for $20.   Thanks to Dustin for sending me a replacement ash catcher as it didn't come with one

I used a chimney of charcoal and some chucks of cherry and hickory.

We did the first pie on the pizza pan. Eventually we'll make a round pizza, but not today.

Finished in under 2 minutes with the grill at at least 800 degrees (my guess as we were beyond the scope of the thermometer).

The second one was made on the peel and cooked in the stone directly. 

I think I need to add done charcoal under he stone next time as the pizzas were better than previous attempts but still a little doughy in the middle.  Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 09:31:26 AM »
Looks excellent....You should post these over in the eCook post and maybe you can win something for your effort..

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/meetups-events/wkc-2015-summer-ecook-day-four-july-4th-2015/new/#new

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 10:10:19 AM »
You must eCook these.
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 07:10:26 AM »
Pizzas look great!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 05:17:07 PM »
Nice pies! I love cookin pies on the kettle.

I see you used aluminum foil to lower the roof. Did it hold up? When I tried using aluminum foil, it burned up and was falling down on to the pie. I was even using heavy duty aluminum foil.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 09:42:43 PM »
Mmmmmm pizza!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......