Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A Couple Days Of Cooking  (Read 1070 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
A Couple Days Of Cooking
« on: November 10, 2014, 05:47:29 PM »
On Saturday I did up some brisket points....injected with beef stock the night before and rubbed with a combo of Montreal Steak spice and chili powders before going on the mini:

It was windy and raining so I am on the back porch:

The brisket went about 7 hours at 250f then I wrapped in brown paper for another few hours till probe tender.

The brisket was still going when dinner hit so I could not eat the flat pieces as I had thought.  But I had a backup plan.  Smoked some middle eastern spiced lamb/beef sausages on a 18 OTG then added more coals and grilled them a bit.  Moved them off the coals and did some apple butter/caramelized onion stuffed pork chops:

Served with some polenta and a balsamic reduction glaze for the pork chop:

Today I took the brisket pieces and removed the flat sections and excess fat.  Rubbed the bare section with more rub then onto a kettle to smoke for a couple hours.  Before cubing it up:

I put it in a metal pan and pour some beef broth over it then back onto the kettle for an hour or so.  Done:

Partway through the cook I got a care package from 604....a whack of spice rub and a signed vent acquired on his trip to Weber HQ in Toronto:

Thanks Matt...wish I could feed you some of my brisket....one day maybe.

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: A Couple Days Of Cooking
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:52:29 PM »
That story just kept getting better & better.....brisket point, you lucky dawg !!!

All looks grate!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 06:24:22 PM »
love it
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 08:48:50 PM »
Great cookup Hoss. Nice to have a backup plan. Love the smoke ring on the brisket points.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 09:54:55 AM »
Someday Hoss!! Those brisket cubes look like little bites of heaven :) Mmmmm.....
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E