Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sausage Bake  (Read 1432 times)

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
Sausage Bake
« on: June 14, 2014, 05:05:01 AM »
A family favourite dish “sausage Bake”, pretty much any ingredient can be added or taken out. Starts by putting Marinara sauce and EVOO in the bottom of the pan, then add the veggies in a circular fashion to match the contour of the pan. The veggies were: zucchini, yellow squash, potatoes, eggplants, mixed peppers, onions and tomatoes. Then added Italian sausage and some fresh herbs
Free Image Hosting
Onto the smoker
Free Image Hosting

It took about 2 hours at 350 degrees
Free Image Hosting

I then grated some Parmesan cheese on top afterwards
Free Image Hosting

This is a great one-dish meal. You get all your food group in it, and it takes little time to prepare and practically cooks itself in the smoker. It can be served with pasta, polenta, or just nice Italian crusty bread.

Here is another variation on it
Free Image Hosting

This one has ground lamb Kefta kabobs and heavy on the eggplants
Free Image Hosting
I like these types of dishes, they’re so versatile and they feed a large crowd :)

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Re: Sausage Bake
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 07:48:54 AM »
The cook looks so delicious. What kind of smoker and pan did you used?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:00:56 AM by argentflame »

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 10:04:59 AM »
Thanks argentflame  :)

I used my Char-broil double chef smoker for this dish
Free Image Hosting
The pan is a 16" anodized aluminum pizza pan
Free Image Hosting
And I also have 18" WSM, Char Griller with side fire box and Smoky Mountain gas smoker that I used for this dish on multiple occasions.
Free Image Hosting

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »
Sweet. I noticed the handle on the pic. I just picked one up last night the Char Broil Double Chef Smoker. Did you do any mod on this. Seems to me the charcoal grate needed a taller charcoal ring. These are hard to come by.
Thank you.

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 03:11:09 AM »
Congrats on your double chef, it’s a nice smoker :)
They are hard to come by and been discontinues a while.

The first thing I replaced was the thermometer as you see. The original was useless.
I use three of these metal brackets to raise the charcoal grate about 2”. You can find them in any hardware store for few dollars.
I also replaced the water pan with this terracotta plate in place of the water pan to get more clearance. This plate is dense enough and works as heat buffer, so no need to use water. I wrap all these in foil during cooking for easy cleanup.

Free Image Hosting