Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Memorial Day  (Read 1966 times)

Gunsmokers

• Smokey Joe
Memorial Day
« on: May 26, 2014, 04:34:23 AM »
Hope you and yours have a solemn yet enjoyable day as we remember and honor those fallen in the name of freedom for our country.

Cowboy Action Shooters that like to make fire and smoke on the Weber Kettle.

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 04:58:14 AM »
Well said.  Happy Memorial Day.

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 06:02:39 AM »
I hope everyone has a great day. I have to work today so I had to get all my cooking done over the weekend. I was too busy and didn't get any pics....but after going down to Home Depot to pick up 400 pounds of charcoal on Friday after work here is a list of what I grilled. 1) Scotch Eggs 2) German Pancake 3) Cinnamon Rolls 4) Homemade Baked Beans 5) Italian Sausage 6) Hotdogs 7)Polish Kielbasa injected with BBQ sauce 8) Burgers and replaced the Radiator in the car....was going to do pulled pork but the radiator kind of messed up that plan.  At least I got a chance to get out and grill, and for once the wind was less than 100 mph outside when I was at the grill. :o
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 07:34:30 AM »
Called back to active duty

The Old Man was called back into active duty. And, without missing a beat, stepped up to the challenge...

Showing the youngin's a thing or two.

Have a great Memorial Day.

Dude, relax your chicken.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:25:56 AM »
Happy Memorial Day! Love that 50s kettle!!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 09:24:08 AM »
Nice pictures, guys.

My cook was 2 days ago. 10 store-bought but marinated/seasoned by me kebabs with large chunks of meat, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, some chicken some steak, for our crew and a neighbor couple, who also brought over some oven potatoes and beer bread. I'm still eating the leftovers. Yesterday and today have been honey-do days. Sorta regretted not planning a cook today but currently it's steadily raining anyway.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

blackdog1101

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 01:49:37 PM »
I grilled 2 racks of ribs and some brats on Saturday, and a batch of ABT's today. First time I did ABT's, and they're as good as everyone says.  Finished them with raspberry chipotle sauce, which was great.  Took some to the neighbor and they liked them too. They will become a regular for me.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:25:18 PM by blackdog1101 »
Performer OTS
Smokey Joe
Go Anywhere

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 03:06:38 PM »
Went camping at Lake Tahoe for the memorial weekend.  Delivered "Project Venison" to my buddy.  We decided to break it in with a fatty consisting of venison he harvested mixed with pork sausage and some seasonings, all latticed in bacon.  The venison was most appropriate (and delicious) considering the theme of the Kettle. 

Project venison on its first cook:

These minis are amazing.  I installed a thermo unit from a WSM right below the upper grate.  The temp never fell out of the zone in the 4 hours we used it:

Fatties half way there:

The payoff.  Fatty slices with blue cheese and homemade guacamole:

Mini WSM nicely seasoned:

Dinner that night - the kettles and dutch oven are ready:

Tri Tip on the Jumbo Joe:

We had a second jumbo joe that became my dutch oven stand:

Tates, corn, peppers, onion, garlic, to make a hash:

Sorry, no plated dinner pics.  By dinner time, I had my fill of Clase Azul and spent the evening around the fire in a comfy lounge chair.  It was a great memorial weekend, and my buddy was most appreciative of his new mini WSM.  Showing him how to prepare and smoke a fatty really upped his interest level - I am sure he will be cooking/smoking a lot more game meat now.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Gunsmokers

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 06:47:15 AM »
RIGHT ON y'all!! Great pics of the Weber action! NICE!  :D That Browning logo with the antler handle...far out!
Cowboy Action Shooters that like to make fire and smoke on the Weber Kettle.