Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Memorial Day Cook  (Read 1512 times)

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
My Memorial Day Cook
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:47:30 PM »
For my Memorial Day cook I was asked to cook a chicken, so I opted for using the spatchcock method but I decided to try
cooking some brownies first,

So I figured baking brownies would be a great first cook for my blue Performer (as in a clean cook) temp control reared it’s ugly
head as I expected with a clean as new kettle and the finished product shows it, but now I can say I cooked on this kettle too.

Here is the spineless yard bird in a butter + rub mix waiting for the C&B to come up to temp.

The bird after about an hour or so, looking all nicely browned.

The other side

Resting after it’s heat bath with a couple of small chunks of apple wood for smoke.

The cooking tools for the day.

AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Re: My Memorial Day Cook
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:05:55 PM »
Looks really good. How was the skin. Looks crispy.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:31:54 PM »
Hey AF, the skin was nicely crispy over a vast majority of the bird, under the legs was a bit soft but otherwise was good. Hope yer having a great weekend..
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:00:16 AM »
The cooking tools for the day.

I love how your kettles out-shine your 'stang. A true grillfella always has his priorities in the right order!  8)

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 05:48:51 AM »
Mirkwood,
 Nice job on cook.

Dan
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG