Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Maybe not Weber.....  (Read 1109 times)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Maybe not Weber.....
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »
Maybe I didn't use a Weber, but I'm sure you guys won't mind.

I tried my hand at a Picahna last week. I ordered a rump from my butcher and got down to cutting it the way I guessed it would be and tried to seperate the correct muscles. I was left with some strips with the fat cap on, and a bunch of chunks. I marinaded the lot for a few hours in a lemon and herb based concoction and sat it in the fridge for a few hours. Then took them out and stuck them on a skewer and let them sit to equalise the temp.

Then I got the Barbeskew fired up.

I put them as far from the embers as I could to cook for as long as possible and I was basting them with the sauce I had made every 10 or so.

When it got closer to the end of the cook, and the internal temps were getting where I wanted them to be, I moved them closer to the embers and raised the fire bed to char the meat up on the outside.

And this is what they looked like when they came off.

Other than the marinade having a bigger hit of lemon than it needed, it was excellent. Served up with a simple salad, and everyone was happy. These would have been exceptional with a tzatziki sauce and some salad in a simple wrap, much like a kebab.

Laters.

Sent from another Galaxy using Mental Telepathy
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:32:03 AM by Jocool »
If it breathes, we can cook it!