Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Burger Cabbage  (Read 1464 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Burger Cabbage
« on: October 29, 2013, 11:20:44 PM »
Yesterday we had hankering for a burger and not to do the usual sad sandwich I leafed through the Bible Weber and I found this nice preparation to which I applied a couple of variations.
Ingredients for the burgers :
250g pork
250g minced meat first choice
160g corn
1 tbls chili pepper powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt

Coleslaw :
300g cabbage
4 cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons coconut milk

As a side dish I have prepared a pan with a layer of bacon, over potato wedges , cherry tomatoes, onion and then on top of another layer of bacon.

I mixed all the ingredients and then dial 3 maxi burgers, cut the cabbage with a mandoline and joined the tomatoes into cubes and coconut milk and cut all the vegetables and put in the pan to make a nice side dish tasty and flavorful .

For a couple of days now I'm using the coal that made me try a friend of mine who uses the restaurant, I must say that I am fully satisfied because it comes on quickly, easily and smells and fumes released are significantly lower than those who obtained with the briquettes weber .. do not talk about the cost but most of the flavor that will also issue without smoke !
So , I turned on less than half a basket with coal and prepared the 57 putting the ornaments on the one hand and on the other a drip pan and put the pan with the vegetables in direct cooking for about 1 hour , stirring occasionally and just before I have to eat cooked burgers with the clove streaked over the coals for about 10 minutes per side and when ready I brought everything to the table and then compose the sandwiches in this way from bottom to top : pickles , hamburgers, cole slaw and a mustard splash of Jim Beam.
The burger was huge but I prefer to eat a big one and substantial that two miserable .. the flavors contrasted with each other thanks to pickles , salad and burger tendende to spicy that made it really good, the side dish was really special because the smoked bacon used is that of a friend of mine who has donated to outline a special taste and flavor but not salty .
BBQ are never enough

TwinDr.

• Smokey Joe
Re: Burger Cabbage
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:29:16 AM »
Nice!!!!   8)
"Yes honey, I don't know what I was thinking."

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 02:24:48 PM »
Prof,

You've been nailing it lately!

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 07:58:25 PM »
good stuff, interesting slaw, think i'm going to have to try that one.

ray.

I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 07:16:28 AM »
Looks great and I bet it tastes even better.  Very nice.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)