Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill Pizza for lunch, Brisket for dinner  (Read 1714 times)

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
Grill Pizza for lunch, Brisket for dinner
« on: November 11, 2013, 04:11:56 AM »
This was our Saturday adventure.  We made pizza on the grill for lunch using dough from scratch.  We made two.....one mushroom/pineapple, and one pepperoni.  I only remembered to take pics of the pepperoni
Before

After

They turned out really good, but I need to try a few different dough recipies.  These were a very thin crispy crust, and I would prefer a little thicker doughy crust.  Overall though, they were a big hit.

For dinner, we fired up the WSM about 7am and tossed on two 6.5lb briskets.  They were pretrimmed briskets (point already removed) from a local butcher shop.  I wanted to try a full packer, but that is all they had and we have never been disappointed with anything we have picked up from them.  We smoked them from 9am till they hit about 160-165, then foiled them until they hit about 190 and we started probe testing them.  One was done about 193, the other went to 199.  I was terrified that they weren't going to be good, but they ended up being one of the best things I have ever cooked.  Everyone agreed that they turned out awesome.  Nice smoke ring and the meat just melted in you mouth.  No more brisket fear......I will be cooking them again, and again, and again

-Keith

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
Re: Grill Pizza for lunch, Brisket for dinner
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
Looking good, looking good! I really like the look of the pizza and that smoke ring on the brisket. Top notch effort on a day of queuing.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Grill Pizza for lunch, Brisket for dinner
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »
nice cooks! Yeah, brisket is daunting but usually you are well rewarded. ;)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791