Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Buddy's first cook since the conversion  (Read 1430 times)

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
Buddy's first cook since the conversion
« on: September 24, 2013, 03:41:53 PM »
This is my first cook w/all the mods in place on “Buddy”. My previously OTS Budlight kettle.
Nothing fancy, just some taters, chicken breasts and a random piece of pork tossed in.

Coals heating up in the chimney. First time using a weber chimney and it is much better than the off-brand I have been using.

Coals in, taters goin on. Just plain taters rubbed w/a bit of olive oil.

Taters moved, chicken breasts on. Breasts were dusted w/Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub (thanks again Dan!).

Everything getting jiggy. At the 3 o'clock position is a random scrap of pork I had from a mixed package from the store. It was an odd ball, so I tossed it on. Everything except for the spuds has now been basted w/HEB “Texas Style” BBQ sauce. It's similar to Rudy's sauce if you've had it.

Chicken and spuds coming off. Pork came off a few min later(no pic as it's for snacking over the next few days).

Mashed the spuds up(char skin on) with some shredded cheese and butter. Left the char skin on gave it a nice smokey flavor. Here's your plate.

This is the second time I've done mashed taters using the grill and I must say I'm hooked. Buddy performed flawlessly and for those that don't have one, I highly recommend getting a lid holder. So much easier/quicker to just slide the lid over than to search for the tab and hang on the rim.

That's all for now, but there will be more cooks to come.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Buddy's first cook since the conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 04:31:19 PM »
Good looking cook! :D
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 04:05:17 AM »
mmm, looks excellent.

I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 05:40:33 PM »
thanks folks! I realize the potatoes seem to take center stage, but that's just because of the perspective of the shot. wanted to get a clear shot of the colors in the taters from the skin, butter, and cheese and a shot of the chicken w/sauce and slice. that orientation seemed to be the best way to do it.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:24:16 AM »
Looks like Buddy was up to the task!  Looks good!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......