Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Stainless Steel Performer Gen 1 - EE  (Read 8691 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Weber Stainless Steel Performer Gen 1 - EE
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 12:56:47 PM »
Nice assist, JEBIV.  Those sweepers are getting harder and harder to source.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2024, 05:08:25 AM »
Nice assist, JEBIV.  Those sweepers are getting harder and harder to source.
I know, that's why I buy them whenever I see them for sale
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2024, 03:59:04 AM »
I feel like I should replace the burner tube because it has what seems to be a long crack.  Not sure if it's a legitimate crack, or if it's corroded.  The burner and igniter assembly works, but the flame comes out all along the crack.  I'd rather just have the flame come out the end, as designed.  I see where I can loosen two screws to remove the whole assembly from the kettle, and then remove two more screws to slide the burner tube from the bracket, but my concern is detaching and reattaching the two wires to the tube itself.  I don't want to pull on anything and break it, or not be able to reattach either of the two wires.  Is it possible to just source and replace the tube or do I need to do the whole kit?

https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-performer-grill-parts.asp?product_id=10401
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 04:13:20 AM by Babekyu »
Weber Spirit Gasser/Weber Kettle 22" Black (AA-2011)/Weber Performer Black/Weber SS Performer Red Mist (EE-1999)/26" Master Touch in Smoke - Ordered/Weber Smokey Mountain 22" Black - 3"casters/unknown bbq hinge/lavalock vent handles (4) - Sold

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2024, 05:21:02 AM »
I feel like I should replace the burner tube because it has what seems to be a long crack.  Not sure if it's a legitimate crack, or if it's corroded.  The burner and igniter assembly works, but the flame comes out all along the crack.  I'd rather just have the flame come out the end, as designed.  I see where I can loosen two screws to remove the whole assembly from the kettle, and then remove two more screws to slide the burner tube from the bracket, but my concern is detaching and reattaching the two wires to the tube itself.  I don't want to pull on anything and break it, or not be able to reattach either of the two wires.  Is it possible to just source and replace the tube or do I need to do the whole kit?

https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-performer-grill-parts.asp?product_id=10401
I recommend getting the whole kit - and that's a great price at the link you provided.  Use SS screws, washers and nuts to prevent future rusting.  I did the same with one of mine a couple years back and it works great. 

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2024, 06:27:48 AM »
@JEBIV is a grate source! I got same sweep from home a year or so ago for an E code. I’m gonna start a detail clean - parts refresh on my Black Walnut Performer to jump in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2024, 08:37:11 AM »
I received the burner and igniter assembly (Weber Part # 10401) from grillparts.com and installed it.
Excellent packaging and the instructions were very clear.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 08:42:37 AM by Babekyu »
Weber Spirit Gasser/Weber Kettle 22" Black (AA-2011)/Weber Performer Black/Weber SS Performer Red Mist (EE-1999)/26" Master Touch in Smoke - Ordered/Weber Smokey Mountain 22" Black - 3"casters/unknown bbq hinge/lavalock vent handles (4) - Sold

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2024, 12:23:19 PM »
Got the new lid bail installed today.  The removal of the old lid bail was not so easy.  Remember I said that this bbq came from the beach?  Because of that, some of the hardware is pretty rusty.  I had to take a dremmel and cutting wheel to remove the screw and bolt at the lower bowl bracket.  When I replaced the ash sweep system a couple weeks ago, I needed it to remove the main thumb screw.  Thankful for power tools.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2024, 12:41:36 PM »
Good job on the lid bail!  Ended using the power tools on 86’ thumbscrew sweep as well. Nice to have the brand new sweeps in them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club