Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I caught 'em slippin' at Lowe's :)  (Read 1074 times)

Ron Cross

• Happy Cooker
I caught 'em slippin' at Lowe's :)
« on: April 01, 2019, 06:21:50 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Ron. I bought my first Weber grill last year, a Weber Spirit 11 S-310. It was my firs gas grill ever, having only used charcoal before. I loved-and still do- the convenience and ease of using a gas grill. But it didn't take me long to realize I missed some things about charcoal grills. Like true smoking. Oh, I tried it on the gas grill, and produced some decent food to be honest. But nothing like you can

I did my research and decided I'd buy a Weber Original Premium kettle. I walked into my local Lowe's yesterday and was surprised to find one on display with a price tag of only $149. Two things I knew from my research is that one, the grill costs $165, and two, Weber NEVER allows price discounts on their products. I knew it was priced wrong so I snapped it up quick.  I ended up getting the grill for $149 plus an additional 10% off for being a Veteran (a very cool thing Lowe's does for vets).

So anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone. As I said, no stranger to charcoal but definitely new to kettle grills. I'm already taking full advantage of all the information on Youtube and I look forward to doing the same here. I plan to do more smoking than grilling on the kettle, just fyi. But I went with a kettle rather than a WSM just so I'd have the option to do both. Looking forward to meeting you all. I'll be reading the boards!

Ron

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: I caught 'em slippin' at Lowe's :)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 06:48:58 PM »
Welcome aboard!  Love the color choice!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 07:03:52 PM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 08:27:03 PM »
That’s a great color and the good price makes it that much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 08:27:19 PM »
Welcome to the club!!!

Greetings from Greendale, WI.  Grate color.  That’s sweet to have grabbed it at last year’s price + 10% off.  Any company that recognizes vets in such a manner deserves the business. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 02:28:13 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. sweet grill, thanks for your service. Lots to learn here and have some fun too
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 09:07:58 AM »
Thank you for your service!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Ron Cross

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 10:21:22 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! So far I've done just 2 cooks on my new grill. I ran a test to figure out how to set and maintain temp but I'll need to ask you guys about the results in a new post. Thanks again guys.