Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bachelor Meal: 5th Installment  (Read 654 times)

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
Bachelor Meal: 5th Installment
« on: December 22, 2018, 08:38:37 PM »
And on the fifth night of Meatmas...a Meatmas miracle! Not really a miracle, I guess. Just the best bachelor meal so far this week. I started prepping around noon to do a rack of spareribs on the CGA. I picked up a BBQube heat deflector shield for my “at home” CGA (the other one lives in my trunk with some basic BBQ & S’mores supplies, just in case) a few months back, but I’ve never had an opportunity to smoke just a single rack.

Well, today was the day. After sleeping in ‘til 10am, (Yeah, you heard me. I Can’t remember the last time THAT happened) I slowly got around to loading the KBB & some apple chips into the little guy, and trying to figure out how to fit a full rack alongside an ambient temp probe, but I finally made it work by splitting into three main sections & overlapping rib-side to rib-side.

Big thanks to @mikerocksthered for a secret ingredient during the wrapped two-hour portion of this 3-2-1 job! Memphis-style rub made these possibly the best ribs I’ve ever made. That BBQube Heat deflector is AMAZING! At $20, I highly recommend it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5H889S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6TXhCb2HFX7Z1

A buddy joined me again tonight, and my cook timing kinda’ sucked, resulting in an unintended three separate course meal that stretched over a couple hours. It actually worked out well, but I’m glad it was just two guys with a bunch of food & beer, not several couples at a sit down meal. Ribs came out first, then melted onions about a half-hour later, followed by Hassleback potatoes another 45 min. or so after that. They sort of doubled as dessert, as I topped ‘em off with a jalapeño bacon-infused sour cream that was outa’ this world!

There was even time to smoke some pepper jack & colby as a Christmas gift for the neighbors before I fly out to join the wife & kids in a couple days. I’ll certainly be repeating this meal when we all return home in 2019!

-Jed
-Jed

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Bachelor Meal: 5th Installment
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 09:40:37 PM »

And on the fifth night of Meatmas...a Meatmas miracle! Not really a miracle, I guess. Just the best bachelor meal so far this week. I started prepping around noon to do a rack of spareribs on the CGA. I picked up a BBQube heat deflector shield for my “at home” CGA (the other one lives in my trunk with some basic BBQ & S’mores supplies, just in case) a few months back, but I’ve never had an opportunity to smoke just a single rack.

Well, today was the day. After sleeping in ‘til 10am, (Yeah, you heard me. I Can’t remember the last time THAT happened) I slowly got around to loading the KBB & some apple chips into the little guy, and trying to figure out how to fit a full rack alongside an ambient temp probe, but I finally made it work by splitting into three main sections & overlapping rib-side to rib-side.

Big thanks to @mikerocksthered for a secret ingredient during the wrapped two-hour portion of this 3-2-1 job! Memphis-style rub made these possibly the best ribs I’ve ever made. That BBQube Heat deflector is AMAZING! At $20, I highly recommend it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5H889S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6TXhCb2HFX7Z1

A buddy joined me again tonight, and my cook timing kinda’ sucked, resulting in an unintended three separate course meal that stretched over a couple hours. It actually worked out well, but I’m glad it was just two guys with a bunch of food & beer, not several couples at a sit down meal. Ribs came out first, then melted onions about a half-hour later, followed by Hassleback potatoes another 45 min. or so after that. They sort of doubled as dessert, as I topped ‘em off with a jalapeño bacon-infused sour cream that was outa’ this world!

There was even time to smoke some pepper jack & colby as a Christmas gift for the neighbors before I fly out to join the wife & kids in a couple days. I’ll certainly be repeating this meal when we all return home in 2019!

-Jed

Awesome!!!!!   

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 04:36:25 AM »
Heck yeah! I wanna eat (and drink) at your house!

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 06:03:37 AM »
Looks good !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 06:14:50 AM »
That looks like a lot of fun you’re having there.

The CGA heat deflector is a great accessory.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club