Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Silver B  (Read 1664 times)

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
Silver B
« on: May 28, 2018, 11:28:20 AM »
So I found a Silver B,  I think it is a B it has the plastic tray

anyway it had been a Little used Grill up at a guys property at the lake, it is cleaning up nice as there not as much crud on it as all the others I have looked at

3 burner model,

30 bucks

I am looking for a few parts though, the clips that are in the cross over square tubing of the caster rack, where could you find those?

the wire rack around the drip tray is kind of rough

oh yea he has replaced the original grates with SS grates, I this a problem or a plus?

the flavorizer bars are in good shape, look almost new

I would like to replace some of the hardware holding the gas lines in but do not know where to find them either

And some advice, what do you use on the aluminum to clean it and shine it up?

thanks everyone.  My first gasser that is not a portable unit.
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
Re: Silver B
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 03:20:36 PM »
l she cleaned up real well, I am going have to buy some paint for the aluminum but I think a good dexo on the steel will do, no major rust just the serial number sticker is completely faded so I do not know what year she was built in.

picks up later, it is 102 out there and I just want to chill out a while, been scrubbing on the gasser for 3 hours.
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 08:37:09 PM »
ok what is it taking now days to post pics

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:38:53 PM by Jammato »

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 10:22:05 AM »

that was fun
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:04:45 AM by Jammato »

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 10:59:21 AM »
Jammato, if you browse over to the "Website issues and Suggestions" subforum, there's a sticky thread at the top that will walk you through posting pics here.

Ignore all the stuff about Photo bucket as that doesn't work any more.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 11:29:32 AM »
Demo. I am trying, now the Weberkettleclub upload says the files are to big,  Man this is tough

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 11:47:31 AM »
If you don’t have a computer you can post from (so that you edit images) you might as well punt and just use the Tapatalk app.

Yesterday I made a post using my phone and attached images (web browser). It didn’t complain about image size but the entire post disappeared.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 12:32:32 PM »
Use a site called Tinypic.  http://tinypic.com/

Browse for the photo, resize it to "Message Board 640x480), click UPLOAD NOW button, type in the Captcha, then on the next page, copy everything in the box labeled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"  and paste it right into the reply box here.    You won't need to hit the image icon or anything here when replying.  Rinse/repeat with additional photos.   

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 08:53:09 PM »
Did a tri tip tonight, the grill held a perfect 300 just using the rear burner, I think the roast was one of my better cooked item, however it does not have that smoky goodness of a charcoal grill. I love this grill as it is so easy to use. but the kettles give me perfect soke rings and that great mesquite flavor

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 08:27:22 PM »
Make a smoke bomb to use on it.  Tin foil pouch filled with wood, then poke holes in it.  Pull up a grate and set it right on top of a flavorizer bar above a lit burner.    Or, buy a cast iron smoker box.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk